|Date Posted:||Jan 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||3500 - 4000 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About World Health Organization:
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations. The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region. Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
The purposed of the consultancy is to develop/revise key national MoPH documents in-line with the National Action Plan for Health Security (mentioned below) in consultation with relevant departments of MoPH.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Technical and Administrative control:
Working under direct supervision of the IHM/CPI program area manager and in close coordination and collaboration with relevant departments of MoPH and WHO Country office will carry out the following duties.
1. Develop integrated AMR surveillance guidelines
2. Revise health facilities IPC guidelines
3. Develop Biosafety and Biosecurity SoPs & Guidelines for laboratories
4. Develop SOPs for the investigation and response to outbreaks of food-borne diseases
5. Conduct assessment of the toxicology laboratory in the country
6. Translation of the above documents
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Master degree in public health/epidemiology
2. Good knowledge of the national health system
3. Minimum 7 years of experiences in relevant areas and experience in developing national documents
4. Good working knowledge of English and local languages.
5. Willingness to work long hours and weekends and complete the deliverables.