|Date Posted:||Jan 10, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
As a Medical Receptionist
The Medical Receptionist checks and processes laboratory tests requests, handles cash and credit transactions, provides laboratory tests related information to the patients and hands over final test reports to the concerned individuals according to the laboratory reception policy on daily basis.
As a Phlebotomist
The phlebotomist draws blood gently by following the various techniques according to the laboratory protocol on a daily basis.
Provinces to travel:
. Good communication and interpersonal skills in English, Dari and preference will be given to those who can speak Pashto Language very well.
. Good computer skills (Ms. Office Programs) Knowledge of various collection containers
. Good knowledge of cash handling
. Possess a pleasant personality
. Ability to work in environment with multiple interruptions
. Knowledge of infection prevention and universal precautions
. Ability to remain patient and calm in a stressful environment
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
a) As a Receptionist
1. Primary duty of Medical Receptionist is to attend patients, greet them, read physician’s prescription, inform patient about the nature of test (whether it is blood, urine, stool or other test), precautions or any special instructions, if required for the test.
2. Raises test requisition according to physician’s referral slips on computer (or manually when computer is out), receive test charges and hand over the charge slip to patient. Patient’s charge slip (Receipt) indicates Name of tests, Charges, Reporting date and time.
3. Handles telephone enquiries regarding tests or guides the patient to the concerned department if required.
4. If he/she cannot understand / read physician’s prescription, receptionist should call Senior Staff/ technologist/ technician and enquire about the test and mention name of staff on request slip / computer from whom the enquiry was made.
5. For samples of Urine and Stool inform the patient to deliver the sample of Urine and Stool on the designated table.
b) As a Phlebotomist
6. Greets every patient with respect and professionalism.
7. Makes proper identification of all patients. Verify each patient’s identification according to the laboratory tests requisition slips and check patient’s status through verbal questioning to ensure that he/she fulfills the test requirements for collection of correct samples on a daily basis.
8. Obtains consent of patient for drawing of blood. Explain phlebotomy procedures to the patients for special laboratory tests according to the tests requirements in line with the laboratory protocol as and when required for collection of sample(s).
9. Perform accurate and gentle venipuncture or other procedures to collect blood according to the test requirement on a daily basis to provide quality service.
10. Distribute blood to concerned department of the clinical laboratory as per the laboratory tests requirements as and when requirement.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The Ideal Candidate should have Professional Qualifications:
. 12th Class graduate (BA/B.Com) from a recognized institute. We prefer the applicants those have Nursing or Midwifery diploma.