|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||20|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Global Technology:
Background and Introduction Global Technology is an Afghan-owned company working in collaboration of Afghan Government and International agencies in different parts of Afghanistan.
Assists USACE personnel by performing office and field interdisciplinary duties associated with USACE civil and military projects including construction management and coordination with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Customer and other agencies
Requires travel to provinces:
1) English ability. Ability to speak and read Dari/Pashtu.
2) Ability to use a variety of office equipment (i.e. computers running MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), copiers, scanners, digital cameras).
3) Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
4) The QAR Could be Civil - Electrical and Mechanical.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Assists USACE personnel by performing office and field interdisciplinary duties associated with USACE civil and military projects including construction management and coordination with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Customer and other agencies.
2) Provides subject matter assistance regarding Afghan national and international standards and projects for:
(a) Civil and structural engineering designs, soil and foundation analysis for horizontal and vertical construction, including but not limit to facility site layout, site drainage, geotechnical consideration, material selection and recommendations for roads, bridges and structures; water treatment and distribution infrastructure and
Systems; and waste water collection and treatment infrastructure and systems.
(b) Electrical engineering designs, system components, installations, and system construction,
Including but not limited to primary power generation and distribution infrastructure, commercial and industrial Electrical system, and resident electrical systems.
(c) Mechanical engineering designs, system components, installation, and system construction, including but not limited to site, facility, and building mechanical systems for commercial, industrial, and resident applications; water treatment and distribution infrastructure and systems; and waste water collection and treatment
Infrastructure and systems.
3) Participates in design reviews of and provides comments to USACE personnel on Contractor submitted engineering designs and plans for a variety of applications.
4) Provides quality assurance oversight, documentation of such oversight, and recommends corrective actions to USACE personnel as required to ensure high quality performance on Contractor executed Engineering projects or project tasks. Writes reports recommending corrective action on deficient conditions.
5) Works with USACE Safety Officer to assist with providing safety oversight, documentation of such oversight, and directs corrective actions in cases of life-threatening situations when appropriate to ensure worker safety during the performance of Contractor executed engineering projects or project tasks.
6) Assists the appointed Contracting officer’s representative and/or project engineer in interpreting and enforcing contractual provisions regarding Contractor engineering requirements and deliverables.
7) Documents and provides reports to USACE personnel regarding Contractor progress toward accomplishing contractual scopes of work. Prepares daily reports of activates reflecting progress of construction, quantities and quality of materials placed, weather conditions, reasons for delays in construction, instruction given to Contractor and any unusual circumstances encountered. Prepares daily reports, with photographs, to consolidate the ongoing activities of the project.
8) Serves as English-Dari/Pashtu Language specialist on a wide range of issue including conferences with the Contractors, submittal reviews, translation of design documents, etc.
9) Maintains professional files in a systematic, retrievable, and contractual enforceable manner.
10) Provides translation services, oral and written for USACE staff, as needed.
11) Assists USACE personnel in training and mentoring initiatives by providing subject matter expertise and conveying cultural meaning and intent; e.g., coordinates, plans, develops and evaluates training, training needs and course objectives.
12) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar, Farah, Helmand
Educational and Experience Requirements:
1) University/College technical degree and/or equivalent work experience relating to the engineering technology required and shall have construction contract administration experience.
2) Experience contained in the applicant’s resume will be evaluated as it relates to the qualification, skills, and abilities required for this position.
3) Provide appropriate documentation to confirm education and experience.