|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
The Afghan Ministry of Interior fulfills a role of crucial functions to strengthen civilian protection, the rule of law and security in Afghanistan. These include: Enforcement of Rule of Law Ensuring security and protection of public order and security Take preventive measures to avoid the criminal incidence Timely detection of crime and criminals and prevent public disorder and violations Fight corruption, social immorality that disrupts public safety and welfare Supporting sound performance to strengthen transparency and accountability Ensuring police professionalization and capacity building of MoI staff Respect human rights and enhance the relationship of police and public Control and Protection Afghan borders Promote and enhance women’s participation in the police ranks Equal law enforcement, gender equality and provide required resources, facilities and fairThe incumbent professional environment for women Coordinating amongst ANSF and judicial entities within legal boundaries and in accordance to the law ANP command and control Fight against narcotics import, production, cultivation, and smuggling Counterterrorist activities, organized crimes, human trafficking and attracting international assistance.
Duty Station: MoI HQ
Relevant Department: DM Admin
Reporting to: Line Manager and SME Program Office
Purpose of the role:
Analysis, control, and development of policies and procedures, recommend necessary changes to the existing documentation and policies; ensure major changes and refinements in policies are properly coordinated with the related pillars and departments. Coordinate all national and international formal communications and meetings with the Deputy Minister of Interior. Manage the DM Secretariat office staff and the Close Protection Team members.
Assist and support in providing reports, proposals, presentations and speeches of H.E Deputy Minister for Administration for the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Interior, National Security Council and all other institutions as required.
Coordinate the issues of leading commission for MOI Civilianization program, As well as the training, Human Resource, Rule of Law, and computerized passport issuance TGC and GRC sectors, and be responsible for day to day management of all their administrative aspects.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Preparation of work plan base on MOI strategy and submit to the DM for approval
2. Analysis of DM visions on the MOI long term strategic plans and policies.
3. Coordinate with international partners of MOI to attract training, seminars, and workshops to build the capacity of MOI personnel
4. Coordinate international advisors administrative issues with DM Admin.
5. Enhance better coordination of MOI with external organizations, coordinate meetings, and provide comprehensive reports to the related seniors.
6. Updating and rewriting of policies and agreements related to DM for administration.
7. Advise line managers and directors of DM administration on their day to day duties
8. Review the policies and procedures in order to identify the needs for product changes and comments
9. Manage the entire recruitment processes of DM administration in accordance with the MoI rules and regulations
10. Assist the Training and Education Command (TGC) in preparation of plans, MOU's and progress reports of Police Literacy Programs implemented by International Organizations.
11. Assist the establishment of independent coordination cell within the HR Directorate and DM Admin Civilian Deputy Office for better performance and achievement of the mentioned directorate and facilitate the Civilianization program of MOI.
12. Manage. Assist and support the Educational processes of Afghan Female Training and Training Centers in and aboard the country.
13. Under direct supervision of H.E Deputy Minister, be responsible of preparing H. E daily, weekly, and monthly schedules and plans
14. Manage issues related to the Close Protection Team members on behalf of the DM
15. Manage the administrative affairs of DM secretariat that includes, managing a unique record keeping of H.E the DM’s instructions and due process of his directives
16. Assist the Chief of Staff and Civilian Deputy of DM Admin in better implementation DM’s instructions as well as administrative works
17. Manage the entire recruitment processes of DM administration in accordance with the MOI rules and regulations
18. Be responsible for drafting TOR for DM office staff
19. Providing advice and support the DM office in structure (Tashkil) and staff payroll sectors.
20. Any other tasks that will be given by H.E the Admin Deputy Minister for Administration – MOI and SME Program Office.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Law, Social Science, Science Literatures and any other related Fields. Preference is given to higher degrees.
At least three years’ experience in the related field
Fluency in English, Dari/Pashto, written as well as the spoken ability
Required computer skills ( MS. Windows and MS. Office program)
Comprehensive knowledge of Finance and Budget principles, regulations and GoIRA Document advising System and Forms. English language skill is a valuable asset.