|Date Posted:||Jan 31, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 10 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. According to the mid-term strategy of the bank, the branch network and operation of this company will be expanded rapidly in the coming 1 year time. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com
Deputy CIBO is responsible to provide his service for the bank i.e. AUB-IBW.
Provinces to travel:
1) Good communication skill both oral and written in Dari, Pashto and English
2) Team player and ability to work under stress
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Islamic Banking Window (IBW) The job holder is assigned to work with the Islamic Banking Window of Afghan
United Bank as deputy head and he/she is directly reporting to the Chief Islamic Banking Officer.
Islamic Banking Window is a separated system of Banking which is free of Reba (interest), Maiseer
(Gambling), and Uncertainty. IBW is a system of banking which is based on Islamic principles, Islamic ethics,
Law of Banking, Da Afghanistan Bank (DAB) Islamic rules and guidelines.
2. Other Related Responsibilities the Job Holder is to attend to following responsibilities:
1. Extending help and guidance to Media Department in preparation of Brochures and Advertisement material
for Islamic banking.
2. Preparation of formats, documents and related material for Islamic Banking.
3. Adding of his comments/recommendation on all the Lending Proposals being considered by the Bank and
ensuring that these fall within the scope of Islamic Banking and are Shariah Compliant.
5. Ensuring that Profit payable to the investors and depositors by the bank under Islamic banking are within the
scope of Islamic banking and are Shariah Compliant and that the procedure adopted for this purpose by the
bank remains compliant to the rules and regulations issued by Central bank or any other relevant regulatory
authority set up for this purpose by the government.
6. Ensuring that Profit recoverable from the Borrowers on the Lending products under the Islamic banking are
within the scope of Shariah Compliant banking and that the procedure adopted for this purpose by the bank
remains compliant to the rules and regulations issued by Central Bank or any other relevant regulatory
authority set up for this purpose by the government.
7. Ensuring that contacts are made on regular basis with Bank’s appointed Shariah Committee (Shura Ulema),
Central Bank and any other regulatory authority set up by the Government for this purpose for guidance and
obtaining their consents where required.
8. Attends various Islamic Banking related committees like profit distribution committee, investment committee
(HOCC), Charity Committee … etc and makes decisions in the light of Shariah Compliant rules and regulations
in the absence of CIBO.
9. Offering explanations about Shariah based banking and the products the bank offers under it to the clients,
panel of Ulema or Central Bank/regulatory authority where required, in the absence of head of IBW.
10.To issue Fiqah based written statements about Islamic banking based on verdicts from Shariah Committee of
the Bank where required in the absence of head of IBW.
11. Offering advices to the Bank in the light of Shariah regarding Treatment of Penalties on Shariah compliant
lending products in the absence of CIBO.
12. Offering advices to the bank in the light of Shariah regarding transfers to be made to Charity Fund A/c and its
subsequent utilization in the absence of CIBO.
13. Offering advices to the bank on Treatment of profit and Loss under Islamic Banking in the absence of CIBO.
14. Offering advices to the bank on the Accounting Procedures and IT related support for the Islamic banking in
the absence of CIBO.
16. Helps and guides CTO to ensure that IT support in smoothing out procedures for Islamic banking is available
and IT related problems in the system are taken care of in the absence of head of IBW.
6. Control on vouchers/ entries:
He ensures that a proper system, limits and procedures are in place and is being followed for passing
entries/vouchers whether system raised or otherwise and that record of vouchers is maintained by the Islamic
Area properly where required.
7. Compliance with AML, KYC & Audit;
To ensure that Accounts are opened by the Bank in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Bank and
AML/KYC. Also ensures that the Audit recommendations by the Internal Audit or DAB or the External Audit
are followed in letter and spirit.
To ensure that the required reporting by the Islamic Banking Side to HO or DAB is done timely and accurately
and that all the required Returns are submitted to Finance Department of the Bank accordingly. Also ensures
that the periodical account statements are sent out to the clients timely and accurately.
9. Customer Service:
To ensure that best possible service standards are maintained in all the areas of Islamic Banking of the Bank
and complaints lodged by the clients if any are attended and grievances addressed in best possible manner.
10. Timely controlling, monitoring and observing the operation, risk, investment and other Islamic related
divisions and make sure their activities are done properly.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1) Master Degree, University degree will be preferred
2) Minimum 6 year of experience in the Islamic Banking managerial position
3) Interview with the Central Bank of Afghanistan (DAB)
4) Ability of analysing and solving problems