|Date Posted:||Feb 3, 2019|
|Reference:||Biomedical Engineer ICU|
|Closing Date:||Feb 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Development a comprehensive Operation Plane for installation and maintenance of ICU equipments.
Provinces to travel:
Excellent written, spoken and reading skills of English language is necessary and Pashto/ Dari languages is preferable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Development a comprehensive Operation Plane for installation and maintenance of ICU equipments.
2) Develop a Checklist for monthly check-up of ICU equipments.
3) Regular check- up and mmaintenance of equipment according to the plan.
4) Conduct orientation and training sessions to the ICU staff for best use of equipment.
5) Conduct a need assessment for ICU equipments, develop equipments specifications list and recommend the best medical equipment for purchase.
6) Insure that all ICU equipments are functioning and utilizing well.
7) Participate in ICU internal biomedical engineers meetings and workshops.
8) Work in close coordination with the ICU technical, administration and finance teams and promote the team work aspiration.
9) Any other related duty assigned by the supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1) Bachelor degree in Biomedical Engineering.
2) Degree must be attested by MoHE /relative administration
3) At least (4) years of working experience in the field of hospital related biomedical engineering.
4) Be familiar with government and donors administrative procedures.
5) Proven ability to plan, implement and organize complex activities related to biomedical engineering.
6) Excellent written, spoken and reading skills of English language is necessary and Pashto/ Dari languages is preferable.