|Date Posted:||Feb 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 13, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||1001 - 1001 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations. The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region. Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
To provide a variety of secretarial/administrative work in support on the management, monitoring and maintenance of WHO staff accommodation activities.
Provinces to travel:
-Good knowledge hotel management procedures and established rules
-Excellent communication skills
-Good team work skills,
- Ability to deal with people of diverse backgrounds, Ability to work under pressure
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision and guidance of Administrative Officer, the incumbent will be responsible to perform the following duties:
1. Provides overall management services to WHO staff accommodation, which includes a wide range of activities such as collection of charges, financial reporting, purchasing of equipment and supplies, Maintenance works, inventory of assets and the guesthouse, recording and supervision of the cleaners.
2. Maintains communication and acts as a focal point between the occupants of the accommodation, WHO Admin and UNOCA’s facility management (UFM) for provision of the required services for running of the dwelling units.
3. Maintains the booking of the staff Accommodation in coordination and consultation with WHO administration for optimum utilization of the available dwelling units per established procedures.
4. To carry out any other related task for better management of the staff accommodation as assigned to him/her by the administration.
Required WHO Competencies:
1) Communication in an effective and credible Way
2) Producing results
3) Fostering Integration and Team work
4) Knowing and managing oneself.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Completion of secondary education supplemented by secretarial/administrative training
- University degree in business administration, economics, and social sciences of related field is an asset
-At least 3 years of experience in management, running the Guest House or Hotel.
- Fluent English, Dari and Pashto (both written and verbal)
- Ability to operate PC and good knowledge of Microsoft 2003/2007.
- Knowledge of GSM/Oracle applications is an asset.
Screening of the candidates;
Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.