|Date Posted:||Feb 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The purpose of the position is to be responsible for all agricultural component under ‘Boost Alternative Development Intervention through Licit Livelihoods ( BADIL) project.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Advise and assist the all relevant field staff in all matters relating to the development and implementation of the agriculture components.
2. Continually assess the quality of work and technical competence of all relevant field staff, and ensure that capacity building needs are met through training, on-the-job coaching or other methods, as appropriate. For higher profitability and long- term rural sustainability.
3. Provide relevant technical trainings, on agricultural/horticultural best practices including: selection of variety and quality planting materials, orchard establishment, irrigation, disease and pest control, soil fertility management, pruning, harvesting, post-harvest handling and marketing for the selected farmers
4. Facilitate establishment of farmer’s community based organizations
5. Provision of quality inputs (rain-fed wheat seed and fertilizers) to 500 farmers
6. Provide and facilitate the extension services to 500 targeted farmers in each of two districts of Badakhshan
7. Facilitate peer to peer education for 200 farmers who will be trained by the lead farmers
8. Establishment of 4 wheat demonstration plots
9. Organize 4 Farmer Field Days
10. Rehabilitate/establish the existing orchards of apple, walnut and almond and new almond and walnut orchards
11. Provide and facilitate the extension services to the targeted farmers
12. Establish market linkages for the horticulture value chain
13. Organize district/provincial exposure visits
14. Establish beans and potatoes demonstration plots
15. Establish 2 demonstration plots of oil seed crops in each district.
16. Provide and facilitate the extension services to the targeted farmers
17. Establish market linkages for the agricultural value chains
18. Conduct regular visits, identify technical problems, investigate causes and with the advice of international specialist will propose effective solutions to small and commercial beekeepers to enhance honey production, improve processing and marketing of products.
19. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual work plans, case studies, technical progress reports and monitoring reports
20. Attend every and each single input distribution and maintain record
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badakhshan, Takhar
1. Possess at least a BSC degree in agriculture with Apiculture or related subjects.
2. At least 3-5 years of work experience in related filed.
3. Evidence of a highly developed computer skills
4. Candidate must have competencies in English communication, Dari and Pashtu is must.
5. Well developed reporting skills
6. Ability to provide technical supervision, motivate, train field staff and project beneficiaries.