|Date Posted:||Feb 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan:
IWA is an independent research and advocacy National organization.
The Community Based Monitoring of Courts’ Trials Program Assistant will be responsible to assist the Program Specialist in managing the activities of CBM-T Program on central as well as provincial level. He/ she has the responsibility of engaging with local communities and government authorities to promote community based monitoring of trials as well as anti-corruption efforts and demand for transparency. Furthermore, this position involves drafting activities/progress reports and handling online database. The Program Assistant shall undertake the following tasks:
Provinces to travel:
The candidate should have very good written and verbal language skills in both official languages as well as English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The main duties and responsibilities of the Program Assistant are as following:
1. Establish and manage strong relationships with local communities in target provinces (including CDCs, communities, legal service providers, and civil societies) to conduct community monitoring of court trials.
2. Engage with the provincial focal points and Local Monitors who will meet extensively the community members in target districts in order to understand community concerns with formal justice institutions.
3. Facilitate means to assist communities in establishing processes by which they elect community representatives to become court monitors.
4. Train local monitors on community based monitoring and transparency.
5. Monitor data entry process, verify entered data and make sure that the database is working properly.
6. Assist program Specialist to manage processes, and toolkit creation for Focal points to deliver legal trainings to the local monitors relating to Afghan law and trial monitoring skills.
7. Assist program Specialist to prepare work plans and budget forecasts.
8. Draft/Make activity reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) and submit to head of unit.
9. On behalf of program Specialist follow up of the activities, regularly attend meetings and report to Program Specialist;
10. Visit courts, IWA provincial offices and Field justice sector partners occasionally.
11. Help head of unit to Identify human resource needs of the programs, eventually draft job descriptions and ensure the recruitment of high quality staff in a joint effort with the Head of Administration.
12. Coordinate with the Head of Advocacy and Communications to design and conduct advocacy and communications activities in line with strategic objectives and policies.
13. Make sure that the program is implemented according CBM-T procedure and plans.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Must be Law/ Sharia Graduate.
Working knowledge of MS Office.
Should have 3 years of relevant experience.