|Date Posted:||Feb 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kam Air:
Kam Air is one of Afghanistan's fastest-growing network airlines with one of the best management team. Kam Air is soaring to greater heights by way of rapid expansion, hiring quality people and earning a high standard through quality service which deliver to the customers. Kam Air is based in Kabul, Afghanistan, and the flight networks connects Afghanistan to the world.
Oversees all aspects of kitchen management, food preparation, ordering and menu planning at Kam Air kitchen/Catering. This includes ensuring a nutritious well-balanced menu, making efficient use of resources, staying within an allocated budget, and providing excellent service to all passengers, staff, and catering as a whole. Provides direction, supervision and training of assistant cooks and dishwashers.
Provinces to travel:
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent food handling and preparation skills
- Experience in preparation of” from scratch” baked goods, not pre-prepared
- Ability to communicate effectively: verbally and written
- Ability to give direction and to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple priorities
- Ability to work well as a team member and leader
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure a quality menu which meets requirements set by the Catering Department of Kam Air.
2. Determines quantities used and best preparation method for perishable supplies to maximize food use.
4. Develop and maintain an inventory procedure to allow monitoring of all food.
5. Plans ahead to cover emergencies and ensures supplies coincide with menus.
6. Recommends changes to the menus and participates in the planning and preparation of food for special functions.
7. Check to see if any special foods or arrangements are needed for special diets and provide menus accordingly.
8. Maintain an accurate meal count for each day.
9. Receives deliveries of food items and supplies and checks for damage and quality and validates receipt as ordered.
10. Ensures deliveries are stored in appropriate areas such as freezer, refrigerator, etc..
11. Report unsafe or faulty equipment to the Catering Department.
12. Ensure that the kitchen meets HEALTH STANDARDS related to cleanliness.
13. Ensure that garbage is properly removed and garbage containers are kept clean daily.
14. Ensures any spills are cleaned up immediately, to keep kitchen clean and safe.
15. Understand the fire extinguishing system in the kitchen and familiarize staff with this.
16. Supervision and training of all kitchen personnel, such as:--scheduling hours (including breaks)--creating a team atmosphere--assigning daily tasks--ensuring that kitchen staff are on time and working efficiently--varying the work of the kitchen staff--evaluating kitchen staff three or four times during the summer.
17. Take an inventory of all kitchen equipment at the beginning of each month.
18. Report at the end of the month on menus, staff evaluations, recommendations, costing, final inventory.
19. Ensures the security of the kitchen.
20. Familiarize her/himself with Kam Air procedures, and in operation of fire equipment.
21. Perform other related duties as required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Graduation from a recognized cooking training program plus 3 years related experience or;
an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Recent Level 2 Food Safety Certificate.