|Date Posted:||Feb 5, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/TAPI/Provincial Coordination Specialist/Helmand|
|Closing Date:||Feb 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
TAPI Provincial Coordination Specialist is responsible for organizing and coordinating TAPI Project operations and activities in Helmand province in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and project success.
Requires travel to provinces:
High command in written and spoken Dari/Pashto and English languages.
Competency with MS-Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The incumbent should have strong written and oral communication and other interpersonal skills.
The incumbent should be able to represent TAPI Coordination Office in intra-government and non-government meetings, conference etc.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
The incumbent must have the ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Serve as key focal point for the TAPI project management issues with the Helmand MoMP Provincial Directorate and other provincial government offices.
2. Prepare an action plan for substantial improvement of the administrative services to assume a timely progress of the project.
3. Manage and supervise logistical operation of the project on a day to day basis in accordance with the strategic plans and polices approved by the MoMP/TAPI Coordination Office
4. Manage project activities in Helmand province to ensure plans are effectively implemented, the results are monitored and reported to TAPI Coordination Office.
5. Keep the TAPI Coordination Office fully informed of all significant operational, financial, environmental and social issues and other matters relevant to the project.
6. Establish effective coordination mechanisms for all operations and activities, and ensure the integrity of the internal control and management system.
7. Develop and recommend the overall project organizational structure to MoMP, ensuring that personnel and systems are in place so that the day to day business affairs of the project are appropriately managed.
8. Manage financial objectives by preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and initiating corrective actions.
9. Direct and monitor the activities of the project in a manner that ensures assets of the project are safeguarded and optimized in the interest of the entire project.
10. Develop and implement operational policies to guide TAPI Coordination Office within the limits prescribed by the procedures and policies.
11. Develop action plan for social dialogue in areas where the pipeline passes.
12. Liaising with the local security sectors and consultations in the security plan.
13. Cooperate with relevant agencies in order to identify those eligibility problems and find solutions and provide recommendation to the TAPI Coordination Office.
14. Communicate/coordinate with local communities in the pipeline area.
15. Participate on behalf of TAPI Coordination Office in technical and coordination meetings related to TAPI project.
16. Arrange regular awareness meetings for the local people and government about the TAPI project development and coordination of media in this regard.
17. Perform other tasks assigned by the TAPI Project Director according to the laws and regulations;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Helmand
At least bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public administration, Economics, Law, Communication or other related fields.
Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge of Afghan government and international legal procedure
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Dari/ Pashto
Able to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the project.
Team player with solid analytical and creative problem solving skills.