|Date Posted:||Feb 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Alfalah Consulting Service (ACSC):
Alfalah Consulting Service (ACSC) LTD
Expedite and monitor payment for eligible expenditures;
Review compliance with government and ARTF requirements in awarding contracts, expenditure approvals and processing;
Conduct site visits to government offices in Kabul and in provinces, if need be, to substantiate validity and eligibility of expenditures submitted;
Assist the international team to build the capacity of government staff to reduce ineligible expenditure claims.
Assist the international team to undertake structured reviews on the supporting PFM systems reviews to provide assurance over data accuracy, processes reconciliation, integrity of data and reports, change management processes, compliance to the set-out eligibility criteria and identify key areas of performance improvements;
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Monitor expenditures of the ARTF to ensure that funds are disbursed for the purposes provided (Grant Agreement eligibility criteria).
2. Verify transactions through site visits and representative sampling for each category of expenditure including salary, other developmental costs and capital costs.
3. Verify that payroll payments correspond to duly contracted staffs who are attending work.
4. Review fiduciary compliance and reporting from the Ministry of Finance and the ministries submitting expenditures to be reimbursed under ARTF Investment Window trust fund. Identify key areas of non- compliance and recommend requisite remedial time bound action plan.
5. Verify that O&M expenditures incurred in the departments, line ministries and provinces are within the agreed expenditure classification types; approved in the GoIRA budget; and follow the agreed processes in the implementation manual.
6. Review and monitor GoA’s expenditure incurred under ordinary budget to ensure compliance of all government procedures and requirement of donors as fixed by the World Bank.
7. Review of procurement contracts and related payments of Line Ministries based on Afghanistan Public Procurement Law (PPL), procedures, circulars and ARTF-MA manual.
8. Review and monitor of payroll expenditure according to rules and regulations of government of Afghanistan.
9. Conduct physical verification of delivery of contracted quantities and qualities under ARTF funded procurement and general adherence to contractual terms.
10. Review of employees personnel files in Line Ministries.
11. Review and monitor of tax deduction process, to ensure the tax is deducted as per the Income tax law of Afghanistan.
12. Arrange closing meeting at the end of review in each ministry, with the concerned department and document the minutes.
13. Completion of all monitoring working papers as per the required information.
14. Timely completion and submission of working papers to Audit manager/International MA Consultants for their review.
15. Assist Audit Officer and Carry out any job related tasks assigned by the Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least 2 years of proven experience in the field of Audit and Monitoring preferably in government organizations.
Experienced in capacity building and training activities, training materials and manual development, and facilitation of workshop and seminars.
Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar.
Good communication skills.
Written and oral fluency in English, Pashto, and Dari.
Proficient computing skills – word processing, spreadsheet design and presentations.