|Date Posted:||Feb 9, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PPG/ Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist (PIU)|
|Closing Date:||Feb 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Senior M&E Specialist is responsible for the successful delivery of monitoring & evaluation and development services to the Professional Development of the MoMP Mining and other technical fields. The Monitoring and evaluation Specialist’s primary responsibility is to provide support to the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, ensuring the Establish and implement Monitoring and Evaluation system to monitor and evaluate directorates’ performance and recommend on how to improve their performance to implement relevant work plans in a timely manner for the team’s success. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the M&E staff of the MoMP relate Directorates and to report to the related line manager.
Requires travel to provinces:
Familiarity and understanding of Microsoft Office program. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other require software’s and programs).
Knowledge and experience in related positions.
Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
Able to analyze complex data
Able to analyze and solve problems.
Ability to work well with team.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Superior written and oral English as well as Knowledge of the main local languages of Afghanistan.
Willingness to learn the other disciplines of M & E in order to serve as back-up to other team members is key.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. With inputs from MoMP team leaders and sector specialists, map the results chain for Afghanistan Mining Sector Roadmap, Including inputs, activities, outputs, intermediate and final outcome.
2. Review existing M&E systems, tools and indicators in use by AFG Government and relevant partners, identify sources of data already available and flow of information.
3. Assist MoMP to develop sector specific monitoring and evaluation framework in consultation with MoMP divisions and directorates.
4. Assist MoMP at Design stage of Programs/projects setting up a framework with defined targets and indicators at design stage to facilitate the evaluation at the later stages.
5. Proper record keeping of all the plans, targets and programs of MoMP. And develop/ modify reporting and recording formats and templates that meets requirements of MoMP and donors.
6. Analyzing and comparing the actual results with planned activates and preparing reports. (ad hoc, quarterly, bi-annually and annually).
7. Providing M&E and Developments updates to MoMP Directorates.
8. Establish and implement Monitoring and Evaluation system to monitor and evaluate Government owned Enterprises directorates’ performance and recommend on how to improve their performance to implement relevant work plans in a timely manner.
9. Receive benchmarks from international community and MoMP officials and communicate them to relevant Directorates for implementation (M&E).
10. Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the ministry’s benchmarks and provide recommendation on how to improve directorates’ performance in respect with benchmark implementation (M&E).
11. Initiating/identifying new projects and coordinating with units’ managers/regional coordinators and drafting proposals.
12. Generate a comprehensive database of donors and other corporate clients for enterprises Directorate.
13. Helping the Director and other relevant staff for the achievement of strategic objectives. Assesses Directorates performance to identify success factors and incorporate best practices. Research linkages across Programs/ Project’s activities to identify critical points of integration.
14. Generating new ideas and concepts for Enterprises directorate development and expansion. Identify and develop new approaches and promote their use in other situations, document successes and use them to project a positive image.
15. Conducting yearly or ad hoc SWOT analysis of Directorate and give recommendations.
16. Providing data, reports, and updates to Ministry and M&E department.
17. Developing different forms and formats like M&E, and evaluation forms etc.
18. Work closely with unit managers/regional coordinators particularly for outreach and developments.
19. Document lessons learned in the design and implementation of M&E system
20. Prepare and present annual semi-annual performance report of programs/projects.
21. Produce periodic performance reports of programs/projects for special purposes as directed by MoMP leadership.
22. Working on financial reports (Revenue & Expenditure), proper tracking, checking and verifying revenue and expenditure on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
23. Perform any other duty assigned by the Director or senior management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least having a bachelor degree in Business Administration, Development or Law.
7 years’ experience with Bachelors and 5 years with master’s degree prior managerial, M&E and Development experience in the government, non- government organizations (NGOs) or donor agencies in similar position is required.
Master degree will be a plus point
English, Dari and Pashto languages fluency
Manages with meticulous attention to detail
Program management experience preferred
Experience administering financial budgets
Sensitivity to religious and cultural differences
A team-oriented individual interested in helping participants achieve the result.
Experience in the and/or implementation of M&E system, preferably in public sector.
Strong planning, system development and organizational skills preferred.