|Date Posted:||Feb 11, 2019|
|Reference:||Finance Consultant / Kapisa|
|Closing Date:||Feb 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Responsible for all aspects of the financial management of the provincial health department in kapisa province
2- Responsible for the correct application of government and donor guidelines and procedures related to the disbursement of monies
Provinces to travel:
a. Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel, Access). Knowledge of data base and Quick Book accounting software is preferred.
b. Fluency and professional ability and skills of English language and local languages;
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for all aspects of the financial management of the provincial health department in kapisa province
2. 2- Responsible for the correct application of government and donor guidelines and procedures related to the disbursement of monies
3. 3- Making sure that all the requests for goods and services needed for kapisa are within the allocated budget and appropriate form quality point of view.
4. 4- Supervise and control the provincial accountant and the cashier and involve the administrator in these tasks.
5. 5- Work closely with the MOPH-SM Provincial technical advisor
6. 6- Build the provincial administrator accountant cashier and logistic officer of the PPHO in all aspects of financial management of the provincial Health department
7. 7- Submit financial reports according to the guidelines and required format and guild lines to MOPH-SM financial consultant based in MOPH.
8. 8- Attend the monthly ,quarterly MOPH-SM meetings in the central MOPH and SM provinces
9. 9- Attend the weekly provincial health management team meetings of kapisa PHO
10. 10- Attend and coordinate the weekly provincial buying committee meetings and be responsible for the minutes of these meetings and follow up of the taken decisions.
11. 11- Carry out any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor
12. 12- Work closely with provincial administrator in the process of contracting goods and services needed for the project in kapisa.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kapisa
a. Bachelor degree in economics, BBA or CAT degree verified by MOHE.
b. At least 5 years working experience in finance and accounting field with Afghan government system and with national/international NGOs or UN Agencies.
c. Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel, Access). Knowledge of data base and Quick Book accounting software is preferred.
d. Fluency and professional ability and skills of English language and local languages;