|Date Posted:||Feb 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Mar 2, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Provinces to travel:
Demonstrate knowledge of effective project management techniques
Ability to use personal computers and related software.
Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly preferably in both English and local languages.
Writing skills and demonstrate ability to develop written reports and action plans in both in English and local languages.
Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others in an international multi-cultural working environment.
Considerable experience and demonstrate ability to serve the public in a courteous and professional manner.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The CPMO Director will have overall responsibility of the performance of the ADB funded projects at MEW. The Director will Coordinate and Report to Project Coordination Unit Director and the Deputy Minister Water at MEW and ANR sector at ADB. The CPMO Director will assist the CPMO with operations and Project Implementation. The CPMO Director should have international procurement procedures knowledge, as well of ADB and Government public procurement. He/she will be further responsible to;
Oversee the day to day operations of the CPMO
Provide oversight on the activities and operation of the ADB funded projects at MEW.
Oversee the execution of rehabilitation and development projects
Provide oversight on the preparation of the budgetary requirements of the Project Management Offices’ operation
Liaise with donors and relevant line ministries
Results oriented and highly motivated
Ability to formulate strategies and policies and create new approaches.
Undertake project-related tasks as mandated in the grant agreement and as required by MEW/ADB.
Serve as the focal point of and facilitate resolution of issues and/or approval of all matters pertaining to the projects.
Coordinate with, support, assist, and oversee Consultants’ activities.
Provide overall project management oversight, control, and reporting as required by MEW as Implementing Agency and the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Jointly with the Consultants develop programs for on-the-job transfer of knowledge to respective PMO Staff, civil servant and carry out capacity building activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The CPMO Director will have overall responsibility of the performance of the CPMO and ADB funded Projects. The CPMO Director will coordinate ADB funded projects activities with MEW management, Director Generals of MEW, CPMO Director at MAIL, PCO at MoF and ADB at AFRM and HQ in case if needed. The CPMO Director will provide support and oversight to the CPMO with operations and Project Implementation. He/she will be further responsible to;
1. Oversee the day to day operations of the Central Program Management Office
2. Provide oversight of the activities and operation of CPMO units.
3. Ensure timely reporting of all projects to ADB, MEW and other stakeholders.
4. To attend NPA and NPC meeting for the packages from all ADB funded Projects.
5. To facilitate and coordinate ADB upcoming projects.
6. Oversee the execution of rehabilitation and development projects
7. Provide oversight on the preparation of the budgetary requirements of the CPMO operation
8. Liaise with donors and relevant line ministries and stakeholders.
9. Ability to formulate strategies and policies, and create new approaches.
10. Undertake program related tasks as mandated in the grant agreement and as required by CMPO/MEW.
11. Serve as the focal point of and facilitate resolution of issues and/or approval of all matters pertaining to the program.
12. Coordinate with, support, assist, and oversee consultants’ activities.
13. Provide overall program management oversight, control, and reporting as required by MEW as implementing Agency and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) as donor.
14. Jointly with the consultants develop programs for on-the-job transfer of knowledge to respective CPMO Staff and carry out capacity building activities.
15. To ensure smooth process of financial and procurement matters within ministry and in case of need to seek the support of top management and other stakeholders.
16. Oversee installation of necessary communication links.
17. Provide assistance to the Social Development Specialist and social development NGOs manage the social development component to ensure the beneficiary communities are consulted on each phase and are willing to support and contribute towards the implementation of the program.
18. Provide assistance to the Consultant’s Experts to prepare a capacity building training program that will equip IA and CPMO staff with the requisite skills that will enable them to undertake the management and implementation of development projects in the future. (English, computers, survey and design, facilities management, construction supervision, etc..).
19. Supervise CPMO staff in all program activities, including but not limited to, undertaking surveys (topographic, etc.), preparing designs, bills of quantities, and engineering estimates for projects implemented under the program.
20. Supervise CPMO program managers for the smooth operation and functioning of the CPMO departments.
21. Endeavour to maximize the use of, CPMO staff, national expertise, and contractors in program implementation, where possible.
22. Other functions and activities as required by MEW top management and ADB.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
The candidate must have achieved a master degree in management/ water Engineering and/ or technical management in a relevant field. At least 10 years of experience in management or oversight of donor funded projects in the water sector. Strong knowledge of the Government system.