|Date Posted:||Feb 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||76000 - 83111 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About National Procurement Authority:
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement. Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
Under the supervision of system analysis and design Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for marketing, designing of brochures, presentations, manuals for each module of e-GP. Main duties and responsibilities are discussed next.
Provinces to travel:
d) Key Skills and Competencies:
● Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other designing tools
● Expert in logo design, typography, color, layout design, and package design
● Expert in applying digital resources to design projects
● Creative thinker, be able to convey ideas through text and image
● Expert in data analysis
● Expert in statistics and development business intelligence
● Expert in team collaboration tools, especially MantisBT and Trello
● Expert in team collaboration methodologies especially Agile.
● Expert in training and capacity building.
● Ability to learn digital design platforms
● Ability to balance artistic integrity with audience appeal
● Ability to integrate visual messages within social media platforms
● Strong team player capabilities
● Strong communication skills
● Strong planning skills
● Willing to work under pressure.
● Good interpersonal and communication skills
● Keen to learn new technologies and techniques is highly emphasized
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Data analysis of each system and prepare system’s business intelligence using dashboards, scorecards, needed report formats and any other type reports;
● Prepare the system development and AGEOPS marketing and engagement mechanism and working plan;
● Design and prepare system marketing campaigns and promotions including brochures, pagers, presentations, layouts for AGEOPS and annual or other types of reports;
● Design and prepare marketing campaigns and promotions using social media and other sources and participate in the events and Expos to promote and campaign for AGEOPS;
● Prepare the system layout and system user layout for the first and consequent versions of the system and modify it as per the needs;
● Design and prepare system manuals for different system users;
● Prepare system usage videos, promotional videos, training materials for each system;
● Assist with specialists in conducting workshops and training for system users;
● Support coordination and communication between SAD and NPA directorates;
● Any other task and responsibility assigned by the direct supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, economics, statistics, and probability or any other relevant fields.
b) Work Experience:
● 5 years of experience in similar fields
c) Language Requirement:
● Must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking in English.
● Must also have strong communication, reading and writing skills in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).