|Date Posted:||Feb 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Feb 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||38000 - 43667 AFG monthlyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
About National Procurement Authority:
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement. Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
Under the supervision of Software Development Manager, incumbent will be responsible for the development of AGEOPS modules in order to increase productivity, efficiency, transparency, manage overall costs and pave the way for an appropriate control over the government procurement processes. Main duties and responsibilities are discussed next.
Provinces to travel:
d) Key Skills and Competencies:
Having good knowledge and skills in software development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
● Participation in development of the AGEOPS modules, by coding the front end design, back end and database sections.
● Participation in development of APIs to connect the systems, either the internal or external.
● Cooperate with System Analysis department in the front end design of the systems.
● Strictly follow the inplace and future developed rules and procedures within the department, and willing to bear the consequences otherwise.
● Effective utilization of team collaboration and task management mechanisms and tools.
● Participate in software development team capacity building.
● Assisting in the operational management of the department, such as reporting.
● Participate in researches proposed by the Software Development Manager.
● Perform any other duties and responsibilities, assigned by Software Development Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
● At least Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or any other relevant fields.
b) Work Experience:
● At least 4 years of experience in similar fields
c) Language Requirement:
● Must have a good skills in writing, reading and speaking in English.
● Must also have strong communication, reading and writing skills in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).