|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 12 north and north eastern, east provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
Anyone employed by or working for ACTED shall commit to act according to ACTED’s Code of Conduct, which outlines the expected behavior of ACTED teams. To ensure that funds are used exclusively for humanitarian purposes and in accordance with donors’ compliance requirements, all job / internship / volunteering offers are subject to the condition that potential staff names do not appear on anti-terrorism lists, in line with ACTED’s anti-terrorism policy. To this end, your data shall be automatically processed."
As part of ACTED’s Women Economic Empowerment Rural Development program team, the District Manager will contribute to on-the-ground implementation of all project activities, in close coordination with provincial trainers as well as provincial managers. Tasks will include but are not limited to collecting and reporting information, supervising staff, planning and managing the field activities, developing information networks with community members, CDCs, CCDCs and government authorities. The position requires frequent travel in the designated district and communities.
ACTED has District Manager positions available in Takhar province for the following districts:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensure that the district programme is implemented in a professional and timely manner and in accordance with ACTED, and WEE-RDP standards, policies, procedures and commitment to communities
· Advise and assist the Regional Program Manager when designing, developing and monitoring and evaluating the programme as required.
· Work closely and collaboratively with provincial and district staff to foster good communication, cooperation and harmony within the team and promote individual and collective commitment to programme quality.
· Supervise and motivate the district team, continuously assess the quality of their work and technical competence and give feedback as required.
· Promote the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, both within ACTED and externally and ensure that all other staff do likewise.
· Identify and ensure that the district team’s requirements for capacity building are met through on-the-job training, coaching, mentoring, self-directed learning and other means as appropriate.
· Act as a representative of ACTED in all external relationships within the district.
· Ensure the legitimacy of the state is deepened and strengthened through the nature of engagement with communities and provision of rights provided for under WEE-RDP.
· Ensure financial management controls are effectively applied within the district office.
- Organize and lead internal district staff meetings and working groups and ensure that ACTED is fully aware of and complies with district plans and policy.
· Contribute to the preparation of annual and quarterly district work plans and budgets and assist the Regional Program Manager in compiling and re-working these as necessary.
· Monitor district programme expenditure in collaboration with the Regional Program Manager, follow up on any discrepancies and prepare monthly cash requests based on need and available funds.
· Visit villages to assess the progress, quality of work and performance of field staff and provide information, encouragement and technical advice as required.
- Closely monitor the implementation of the district WEE-RDP activities in the field, monitor the quality of the interventions and ensure the program milestones and contractual obligations are consistently met.
- Follow up on delays and problems, providing timely technical and managerial support as required.
· Prepare regular monthly and quarterly reports to the provincial office.
Ensure the security and safety of ACTED’s staff and assets in the district and report all related concerns and actions to the provincial office.
- (Preferred) Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university in Social Science, economics, business administration at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- (Minimum required) Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, economics, business administration and minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
Adequacy for the assignment:
- (Preferred) Work in low-level management or senior technical positions in large rural development projects for a minimum period of 5 years CDD/ rural development programs
- (Minimum required) Work in mid to senior technical positions in large CDD/ rural development projects for a minimum period of 5 years
Experience in the region
· Experience working for minimum 3 years in: Afghanistan in Takhar province
- Working knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto
- Experience with mobilization in a rural and/or insecure context
- Experience with including marginalized populations, especially women, in community activities
- Experience with the National Solidarity Program is an asset
- Experience working with a I/NGO is an asset
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team