|Date Posted:||May 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Social Science ,Business Administration ,Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 2 Months|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 495 projects a year reaching over 11 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED is working in 12 north and north eastern, east provinces of Afghanistan. These provinces are affected by natural and man-made disasters. ACTED is providing relief and emergency assistance to the vulnerable population affected by displacements, conflicts or natural disasters, in the field of agriculture, NFI, shelters, WASH and food security
Anyone employed by or working for ACTED shall commit to act according to ACTED’s Code of Conduct, which outlines the expected behavior of ACTED teams. To ensure that funds are used exclusively for humanitarian purposes and in accordance with donors’ compliance requirements, all job / internship / volunteering offers are subject to the condition that potential staff names do not appear on anti-terrorism lists, in line with ACTED’s anti-terrorism policy. To this end, your data shall be automatically processed."
1- As part of ACTED’s team for Women Economic Empowerment Rural Development Program (Takhar), the Regional Program Manager is responsible for overseeing all program activities, supporting implementation, and addressing issues and concerns
3- The Regional Program Manager will be based in Takhar with frequent travel to the field (Kabul).
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities:
· Develop an information network across the designated province, districts and Kabul
· Maintain regular and on-going communication with the ACTED team, and government authorities at the local and capital level
· Oversees all activities related to the Women Economic Empowerment and Rural Development Program)
· Oversee the overall implementation of the project in close coordination with provincial trainer and district coordinators
· Ensure all WEE RDP staff are trained properly and address any training-related issues
· Assisting in the establishment of Self-help Groups (SHGs), Village Saving and Loan Associations (VSLA) and Enterprise Groups (EGs).
· Travel throughout the province, sometimes on short notice, and including in rural and/or insecure areas
· Provide technical advice to ensure that the project activities are designed and implemented in line with best practices and in compliance with donor processes and procedures
· Liaise extensively with MRRD, other stakeholders and field staff to ensure coordination and transparency in planning and executing project activities
· When necessary, liaise with the other relevant government authorities and community stakeholders to obtain the necessary permission and community support for the project
· Prepare timely reports according to the requirements of the donor, and internal deadlines of the Project Development Department
· Provide regular updates on project implementation, in particular through updated Project Management Framework and monthly reports
· Support the finance department in maintaining an accurate Budget Follow-Up
· Gathering, collection and processing information on program updates, and analysis of work progress, in light of the work plan and budget
· Assisting the Provincial Management Teams on planning, advice and decision making
· Coordinating and communicating the operational needs to the related ACTED FLAT departments
· Communicating any changes in policies, procedures, manuals and targets (i.e. Operation Manual, contracts, budget and plans).
· Preparing monthly and annual work plans in accordance with targets, timeframes and budget
· Ensuring project progress in accordance with the plans, budget and pre-determined objectives
· To do any other relevant tasks requested by line manager
· External Relations
· Representing ACTED in meetings with MRRD, Partner Organisations, World Bank, FPs and other related authorities at the field and capital level
· Arranging and facilitating ACTED WEE-RDP Monthly Coordination Meetings
· Attend weekly and monthly coordination meetings to report on any project challenges to Coordination
Job Location:Afghanistan, Takhar
· (Preferred) Master’s degree or higher in business administration, economics, commerce, social sciences or other related field and at least 5 years of relevant work experience
· (Minimum required) Bachelor’s Degree completed in relevant field and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
· Adequacy for the assignment
· (Preferred) Work in senior advisory or management positions in large Community Driven Development/ rural development projects for a minimum period of 5 years
· (Minimum required) Work in mid to senior management capacities in large CDD/ rural development projects for a minimum period of 3 years
· Experience in the region
· Experience working for minimum 2 years in rural Afghanistan and in the stated province (Takhar)
· Other skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· Strong experience with managing multi-province projects
· Experience with including marginalized populations, especially women, in community activities
· Experience with the National Solidarity Program (NSP) is an asset
· Experience working with a I/NGO is an asset
· Experience training local populations, including Training of Trainers (ToT)
· Fluency in English and local languages required
· Experience managing large teams, spread across geographical areas
· Excellent communication and motivational skills
· All employees of ACTED are required to sign and follow the Code of Conduct in all professional matters, which is annexed to all contracts. This includes upholding the highest professional standards and ethical behaviour in the workplace, and when in contact with beneficiaries, or information about beneficiaries. ACTED prioritizes accountability to communities in all operations, and expects employees to do the same.
Please indicate the position title, (Regional Program Manager/Place & Vacancy Number Cap-016/120519) you are applying in subject of the email, Otherwise your application will not be considered.
Applications, in English, should include a resume, a cover letter and three references (No certificates attached), and be submitted no later than 20-May-2019 to the following address:
NOTE: Only qualified candidates will be Short-listed,