|Date Posted:||May 23, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 4, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||M & E|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
The aim of the EQRA Project is “to increase equitable access to primary and secondary education, particularly girls, in selected lagging provinces, and to improve learning conditions in Afghanistan.” EQRA introduces a shift from monitoring only the enrollment of students (which also includes attention to students designated as ‘permanently absent’) to focusing on bringing children into school as well as student attendance. The Education Quality Reform for Afghanistan (EQRA) is fully aligned with the goals of the Afghanistan National Strategic Plan (NESP III). The project is designed to (A) increase equitable access in disadvantaged districts especially for girls; (B) improve quality of instruction/education service delivery and (C) enhance MoE governance and management capacity. The project focuses on the construction and expansion of schools, provide community-based education to out of school children, reform curriculum for all grades, improve and ensure textbooks delivery to schools, enhance academic supervision, strengthen teacher & TTC quality, improve execution of budget, strengthen and increase use of EMIS, implement capacity building reform, and reform recruitment process for civil service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Supervising and monitoring the Educational programs of MoE.
2. Orienting the activities volume and the nature of offices and Departments to Minister's Office
3. Submitting Proposals for quality improving of the scientific instructions and teaching different areas.
4. Supervision of the related Departments to Minister's Office, researchers job descriptions.
5. Recommending drafts preparation of job descriptions and action plan versions for Education offices of the Ministry.
6. Recommending drafts preparation study of policies in Curriculum development area, Teacher Training acting plans, and different areas of Education according to rules and guidance of the Ministry of Education.
7. Recommending study of policies regarding Evaluation and Examination in Educational areas according to rule and guidance of the Ministry of Education.
8. study and research regarding Education Strategic plan according to rules and guidance of the ministry of Education.
9. Reporting on the result of monitoring and supervising activities
10. Debriefing administration and departments of Minister's Office and submitting unified reports to ministry of Education.
Implementation of additional tasks and assigning of new tasks from MOE.
Bachelor Degree in Education or other related field.
Minimum 7 years of work experiences in the education sector
Experience in monitoring and evaluation of data flow (processes and approaches) in a government system.
Experience in effectively maintaining of communication and coordination among MoE and its development partners
Strong team building skills, management, communication, research and development (R&D) and skill
Strong knowledge of communication, presentation and change management
Excellent English, Dari and Pashto written and oral communication skills