|Date Posted:||Oct 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 23, 2019|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 5 Years|
About Salam University:
-The University of Salam was established by a team of well experienced and qualified lecturers in 1388, who have researched at national and international levels. According to constitution of Islamic republic of Afghanistan (article 46th), by satisfying the requirements, Salam University were officially registered with the Ministry of Higher Education holding registration No. 1388/20, dated 13/10/24.
The fundamental purpose of this institution is to educate youth in Islamic framework and standards so that young generation is enhanced and developed in social and political platforms.
Salam University was authorized to have three faculties: Shariya and Law, Engineering, and economics at initial stage. Finally, after passing three terms of Kankor in the mentioned faculties, the University gained the approval of two more faculties (Political Sciences and Computer Sciences) as well in 1390. So far the students of mentioned five faculties are being educated in three shifts and in separate sections for male and female.
Salam University obtained the approval in Master’s in (Feqa and Law, and Islamic Studies) in 1393. Moreover, the procedure of this program is under the control of an independent department known as “Board of Masters”, and according to rules and regulations of Ministry of Higher Education.
Successfully passing the second stage of quality improvement.
The University of Salam wants to have academic specialties and clear strategic approach to preserving national and Islamic values. Until now, the university has been able to achieve the highest level of trust. As the result of great efforts of the administration, Deans of Faculties, Head of Departments, and other departments, have been able to complete the second stage of the quality improvement successfully in 1397.
The objective of the assignment is to deliver structured professional learning program to the student (ACCA students) to enable them to acquire understanding, knowledge and skills and successfully pass exams and qualify for next paper. The SPDD intends to hire Five (5) accomplished, qualified and specialist lecturers for conducting classes, delivering lectures and teaching courses. Deliver the courses by using effective and modern tools and techniques of teaching.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Deliver lectures to students for assigned ACCA Papers
· Develop course design and revising of curriculum offered
· Mock Exams and their Assessment
· Record achievement of students
· Attend planning meetings to ensure cross departmental parity
· Administration tasks within the department
· Lecture/seminar planning
· Perform the role of Academic adviser & Counselor to the students & parents
· Attend meetings when necessary
· Perform other related duties as needed
Lecturers are expected to:
· Start classes on time
· Give good notice of any absence in line with the department Absence Policy.
· Keep up to date with developments in their subject area
· Keep accurate and up to date registers
· Adhere to general standards of conduct embodied in department policies and procedures
· Be involved in the SPDD’s quality assurance arrangements (Induction, Lesson Observation, Appraisal and gathering/analyzing feedback from your students with a view to implementing continual improvement to your course on an ongoing/annual basis.)
· Work on a rage of performance indicators relevant to the service provided, in order to ensure continuous quality improvement.
· Participate in the SPDD’s Performance Appraisal system.
· Make the most efficient and effective use of human, financial and material resources.
· Participate in the development of a responsive customer centered approach to service delivery.
· To work flexibly and efficiently, to maintain the highest professional standards and to promote and implement the policies of the SPDD.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
ACCA Member or Affiliate (including those having passed at least 9 papers, F1 to F9 of the ACCA) with 2 YEARS teaching experience to ACCA Papers.
Job Location: SPDD, Salam University, Kabul, Afghanistan
Interested applicants can send their CV & cover letter to the below email address, before 23 Nov 2019
Phone: +93 (0) 781559137
Subject line must be: (ACCA Lecturer) and kindly clearly indicate vacancy number, province name or your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for the written test/ interview.