|Date Posted:||Sep 19, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 1, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Human Resources|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Ensures integrity of the Head Office accounts and enters missionâ€™s financial transactions into SCALA
Duties & Responsibilities:
. Check and review the head office financial documents and sees that all financial transactions are sufficiently supported. Ensure that all CARE Afghanistanâ€™s policies and procedures are adhere to.
2. Prepare disbursement, receipt and journal entry vouchers on the basis of approved financial documents and ensure accuracy of cost allocation to projects.
3 Monitor Budgets Vs expenditures using budget monitoring tools (EAR).
4. Enter all processed financial transactions into the system (SCALA) and ensure its accuracy before posting.
5. Pass monthly adjusting entries such as; adjusting program advances Vs expenditures, monthly prepaid expenses.
6. Maintain all finance department filling systems such as; vouchers, income/outgoing letters correspondence
and keeping update lease and staff taxation filing records.
7. Making cash count and reconciliation of A/C#10290 and 10350 twice a month or surprise if necessary.
8. Help in the process of currency conversion
9. Any other task assigned to him by his supervisor
EDUCATION: Diploma in Account or at least high school graduate
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least two to three year experience in accounts, preferably in a ... NGO.
SKILLS: Proficiency in written and spoken English.
Proficiency in computer (MS - word, excel and Access)
GENERAL: Willingness to work under pressure. Willingness to work extra hours as required.
Spending Authority: None
Autonomy: The employee has full autonomy to plan his/her activities in light of CARE Afghanistan's policy. The employee has to consider the normal working hours to respond to the customers needs. The employee is required to consult her/his supervisor about any plan that undermines CARE Afghanistanâ€™s policy. The employee is allowed to have access to all files, reports and files containing financial information.
CONTACTS / KEY RELATIONSHIPS:
The employee will have contacts with other sub office departments such as administration, media, training and program. The employee will have contacts with sub contracted partner organizations. The employee will also have contacts with main office accountants.
â€¢ FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGLHY ENCOURAGE APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION.
â€¢ APPLYING WITHOUT CARE STANDARD JOB APPLICATION FORM OR NOT FILLING THE APPLICATION FORM PROPERLY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR SHORT-LISTING.