|Date Posted:||May 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The Accountant will support the project’s financial and accounting activities. He/she will work closely with the Director of Administration and Finance to ensure accurate and efficient accounting systems and procedures.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Prepare vouchers for cash disbursements including reviewing receipts and documenting according to MSI policies;
· Work with the Director of Administration and Finance to prepare payroll for staff, including timesheets review for approvals;
· Enter data into QuickBooks and ensure periodic communication with MSI’s home office;
· Prepare the monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements, to be reviewed and approved by the HR/Admin Manager, the Finance Director and the COP;
· Maintain the filing system and prepare monthly financial reports;
· Prepare checks, bank/cash/journal vouchers, and per diem for staff;
· Other tasks as assigned by the HR/Admin Manager and the Finance Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· University degree in accounting, financial management, or other related field;
· Minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in accounting and bookkeeping with an international organization;
· Excellent command of computer software, especially QuickBooks;
Fluency in Pashto, Dari, and English is highly desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.