|Date Posted:||Jan 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 29, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||40000 - 80000 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by compiling information and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
2. Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
3. In conjunction with the projectâ€™s home offices in Washington DC, establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
4. Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness.
5. Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
6. Explain billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
7. Resolve accounting discrepancies.
8. Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems.
9. Interact with home office financial officeâ€™s internal and external auditors in completing audits.
10. Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge and experience of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
2. Computer literacy and knowledge of financial and accounting software applications â€“ specifically QuickBooks.
3. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. This is normally acquired through a combination of the completion of a Bachelor's Degree/College Certificate in accounting and three to five years of accounting experience.
4. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
5. English language competency.
6. Competency in national languages.
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (honesty, trustworthiness, hardworking, integrity, punctuality, etc.)