|Date Posted:||Feb 10, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Working efficiently, effectively and in a spirit of partnership, we support people and societies in developing, transition and industrialized countries in shaping their own futures and improving living conditions. This is what the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is all about. Established on 1 January 2011, it brings together under one roof the long-standing expertise of the Deutscher Entwicklungsdienst (DED) gGmbH (German Development Service), the Deutsche Gesellschaft fÃ¼r Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH (German Technical Cooperation) and Inwent â€“ Capacity Building International, Germany. As a federally owned enterprise, we support the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
Routine office tasks (e.g. general routine office work, support and/or assistance in a specific area) or easy tasks according to specific instructions. Problem solving according to existing pattern or after liaising with supervisorâ€™s Responsibilities.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Accountants are part of the Accounting and Internal Control Unit of the GIZ Country Office Kabul. A part of the ToR of the unit is to do monthly accounting for projects and send reports to HQS Finance Teams. Thus, an accountant in GIZ Country Office Kabul is required to do accounting â€“ posting to Winpaccs of the projects or journals he or she is responsible for. For this to take place, the accountant is supposed to do the following tasks:
1. Reads, understands and implements GTZ Orientation and Rules in his/her day to day work. Pays particular interest to the parts on procurements and financial management of the projects.
2. Gets to know the cashiers of the projects he or she is responsible for, and act as the first line of contact for them in the Unit.
3. Communicates, coordinates and facilitates receiving the monthly financial files from the cashiers according to the appointment schedule developed in the Unit.
4. Provides constant support to the project administrative staff, and refers any outstanding issues to the Unit Manager.
5. By receiving the monthly financial files, he or she makes sure the balance brought forward from the previous month is correct, and that all the necessary documents â€“ cashbooks, bankbooks, cash counting protocols, bank statements, bank account reconciliation sheets and the vouchers are available in the file. In short, he or she makes sure the file is fit and ready for posting to Winpaccs.
6. Posts the file to Winpaccs, according to GTZ procedures and fills the relevant cells in the GTZ validation stamp.
7. Reads the journals, makes any reversals and corrections if necessary and gets ready for reports generation.
8. Generates the EOP reports in two copies and fills and signs the report summary page.
9. Sends the soft files â€“ SAE and EOP, to HQs finance Team.
10. Scans the report page, the bank statement, the bank account reconciliation sheet, the computer generated vouchers, the cashbook and the bankbook last page and sends in a PDF format to HQs.
11. Provides support to the HQs Finance Team by replying to their requests and satisfying their requirements.
12. Assists the projects he or she is responsible for in preparing their annual financial statements.
13. Keeps an organized record of the projects EOP reports and of the hard copies being sent to HQs.
14. Forwards the file for error sheet to the IC colleagues within the unit. He or she regularly follows up if the error sheets have been prepared.
15. Contacts the project cashier to collect back their files. He or she prepares a file handover form according to procedures and gets the project cashier to sign it.
16. Contributes to team building within the Unit and the whole office, acts professionally and adheres to the GTZ Code of Conduct.
17. Accomplishes any other task as maybe assigned by the Unit Manager or the Head of Administration.
Accountant: BA in Accounting or comparable qualification (direct work experience).
ï‚§ At least 2 years of professional working experience in a similar position
ï‚§ Professional level knowledge of Micro Soft Office, particularly Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Access, etc.
ï‚§ Good working knowledge of contemporary telecommunication systems.
ï‚§ Language skills: Fluency in the local languages and English. German is considered advantage.