|Date Posted:||Apr 13, 2010|
|Reference:||ASMED KA 01|
|Closing Date:||Apr 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Accountant will manage all transactions related to ASMED/Kandahar activity. S/he will ensure that the outlined financial policies and procedures are implemented and followed in the assigned area. The Accountant will work with the Regional Team Leader, Admin/Logistics Officer and all program staff members to ensure that all finance activities are being performed effectively and accurately. The Accountant is responsible for providing complete and accurate field reports to the Kabul office for all field office financial activities. S/he will provide support in other finance areas as necessary and maintain a positive working relationship with the ASMED staff in Kandahar and Kabul.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Accountant will be responsible for the following tasks:
Cash and Bank Account Management
1. Responsible for the preparing of all cash transactions and wire transfer payments.
2. Records all financial transaction in the Oracle Field Expense Reports.
3. Responsible for the secure transfer of cash from the bank to the office.
4. Responsible for ensuring the safety of all ASMED funds.
5. Responsible for the appropriate keys/combinations to the petty cash box in the office.
6. Make recommendations to the Finance Manager regarding improvements to the cash safety and disbursement procedures.
7. Ensure that project vendors are paid in time.
8. Work with the Finance Manger on VAT exemption.
9. While processing daily transactions the Accountant should:
1. Utilize the Purchase Request Form and Travel Advance Forms as outlined in the Finance and Accounting Manual.
2. Ensure that proper approval signatures are obtained and that both parties, Payer and Receiver, verify the cash amount of the transaction.
3. Enter all transaction into the Oracle Field Expense Reports and all advances in the Advance Register on a daily basis. Check entries for accuracy.
4. Finalize and Submit Field Expense Reports (FER) twice a month to Kabul as outlined in the FER upload calendar.
5. Complete and submit the Advance Register, Bank and Cash Reconciliation Form, and Field Data Processing Forms on a monthly basis.
6. Update the Check Journal and Cash Journals on a daily basis.
7. Reconcile Petty Cash Box on a daily basis.
8. Prepare monthly field back-up documents to be sent to DAI/Bethesda.
1. Ensure that the employee salary list is updated.
2. Ensure that salary is disbursed to all employees on schedule.
3. Prepare monthly income tax withholding payments
4. File all salary information according to outlined filling procedures.
5. Keep all salary related information strictly confidential.
1. Work with the Regional Team Leader and Operations Manager/Kabul to approve travel advance amount based on travel advance policy.
2. Calculate travel advance and distribute travel advance.
3. Within three days of return of a traveler from the business trip, audit the Travel Voucher according to travel voucher policy.
Maintain the appropriate documentation, receipts and customs declaration for all fixed assets purchased.
Ensure that all reporting requirements are met while implementing proper reporting procedures and maintaining quality
â€¢ A bachelor degree in business administration, accounting or finance;
â€¢ A two-year experience as a chief financial officer; or at least six years of professional experience covering all the tasks listed in the present SoW;
â€¢ Some experience working for international-funded programs; USAID-backed programs or donors is highly desirable;
â€¢ Good command of spoken and written English;