|Date Posted:||Jul 31, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Accountant to the Government owned Enterprises Directorate’s primary responsibility is to provide Accounts management support and training of the use accounting software (Quick books) to the Accounting department of Government owned Enterprises organization, ensuring the installation of appropriate accounting software’s (Quick books) and tools for the team’s success. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the accounting staff of the government owned enterprises and to report to the Director of Enterprises Directorate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Analyze current and past corporate financial information of SOEs and prepare complex financial models to analyze data
2. Perform financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling
3. Evaluate state owned enterprises in terms of management and operations and make suggestions to improve their financial planning and control
4. Build capex models for state owned enterprises to reactivate the enterprises and improve their production capacity
5. Work with state owned enterprises to identify financial areas for improvements (this may require traveling to various cities through Afghanistan)
6. Conduct case studies to propose new accounting and financial system to the SOEs
7. Develop ad-hoc financial analysis and present recommendations to SOEs Director on strategic decisions
8. Provide Accounts management support and training on the use accounting software (Quick books) to the Accounting departments of SOEs.
9. Checking and posting monthly Program Grand Income.
10. Supervising the posting of prepayments and accrual transactions into the QuickBooks of SOEs.
11. Maintains files of source documents or other information (i.e. Vouchers, bank deposit slips, bank transfer documents, monthly payroll, tax deposits etc.) related to data entered;
12. Liaison with auditors and providing finance related to external auditors.
13. Reporting to SOEs directorate about any fraud or misappropriation of funds by the other staff.
14. Undertake any other task assign by Finance Director or senior management
The Accountant is expected to have minimum academic qualifications Bachelor in Commerce (B.com), Master in Commerce (M.com), CAT/FIA (Qualified/finalist) or ACCA part qualified and equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the government, non- government organizations (NGOs) or donor agencies in similar position.
Complete command over Debit and Credit, Good knowledge and experience of accounting software’s, ability to train others.
Knowledge/Familiarity of Accounting Software’s (Quick book, Peach Tree, etc.)
Familiarity and understanding of Microsoft Office program. (MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
Knowledge and experience in related positions
Detail-oriented and self-motivated
Able to analyze and solve problems.
Ability to work well with team
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Good command of spoken and written English as well as Knowledge of the main local languages of Afghanistan
Willingness to learn the other disciplines of accounting in order to serve as back-up to other team members is key.