|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Save A Future organization:
Save A Future is an international humanitarian organization that focuses on assisting work stricken and impoverished nations, such as Syria and Afghanistan, and many places by providing food, materials for education, and the skills needed for job opportunities. Our mission is to help, cure, and provide hope for those who need it most. We are determined to make a difference to the lives of those afflicted by poverty and suffering.
The Accountant Officer is responsible for the efficient running of the Save A Future Kabul office and all running projects’ operations. He shall also be responsible for the effective control of finance/accounting systems, and supervision of administrative systems, in order to contribute to the delivery of the organization’s overall performance and commitment to timely completion of works, task and undertaken jobs/contractors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop computer based (Mikro supported) financial system, and incorporate main office and all running projects into the new financial system.
- Developing internal Bank & Cash Books for all transactions.
- To manage the financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with long-term financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- To prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off.
- To supervise the production of regular salary payments and records through payrolls.
- To liaise with Afghanistan Revenue Directorate (ARD) for processing of quarterly BRT reports and tax filing for Payrolls, other taxable income.
- Responsible for the accounting operations of the company
- Communicate routinely with Project Managers on a variety of accounts related.
- Participate in the formation and implementation of company financial plans
- Preparation of all monthly financial reports
- Work with internal team and outside accounting/financial firms on monthly close-out procedures (if and when needed)
- Provide reporting and budgeting as required by Senior Management.
- Manage company and project cash flow
- Supervise accounts payable and accounts receivable staff and functions.
- Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates and reports monthly.
- Develop written accounting procedures for the operations staff and work with team to ensure proper implementation and compliance.
- Must be a strong and organized individual with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are also required. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and/or finance required
- 2 years of progressive accounting experience
- Experience in job cost accounting and financial reporting
- Understanding of Afghanistan Taxation Laws & Procedures required
- Extensive experience with Mikro system
- Successful track record of managing operations and financial and management accounting
Language Skills (Turkish & Dari)
Turkish Language Required
Accounting system (Mikro) preferred
Microsoft Office Package