|Date Posted:||Oct 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Research and Development Organization for Afghans is a nongovernmental organization (sdroa). We are the implementing partner for US embassy for Lincoln Learning Centers across Afghanistan. Currently, we are operating in eighteen provinces of Afghanistan. The learning centers are equipped with computers, books, magazines and other reading materials. These centers offer educational/programs for various audience. These centers serve at least six thousand people all over Afghanistan.
The incumbent is required to ensures integrity of the mission’s financial operations and make sure the operations adhere to the existing policies of the organization and donor requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Check, review and process all SDROAs financial documents and sees that all financial transactions are sufficiently supported at the center and provinces and provide meaningful feedback
2. Ensure that all SDROA policies and procedures are adhere to and Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
3. Provide accurate, timely, and relevant recording, reporting, and analysis of financial information
4. Reconcile project advances/cash and takes necessary steps for correction of errors.
5. Assist her/his supervisor in reconciliation of financial reports.
6. Maintenance of the electronic as well as manual filing system to maintain accurate and up to date accounting records and documents, including all transaction vouchers, ledgers, agreements, receipts etc.
7. Develop and document business process and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
8. Assists in the processing of the salary payments of all project staff and correct petty cash process system and records.
9. Assist finance manager in preparing documents for internal and external audits.
10. Review and apply inventory activities, including movements and deletions.
11. Maintain and update inventory records and Identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to processes
12. Maintains effective coordination and working relationship, with overall operation Units in processing and reconciliation of operation cash advance expenses and any other financial issues.
13. Any other assignment given to him by his/her supervisor based on SDROA’s policy, rules and regulation.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or ACCA or Economic or Business Administration or any other relevant field,
· 2 years of accounting/finance experience
· Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills and knowledge of Excel, as well as other Microsoft Office applications
· Experience with accounting software
· knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Send your resume to below email address and write the position title and reference number in your email subject line. If you don’t write, you will be automatically disqualified by the system.
Subject line: 374 Accountant