|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Accounting/Finance ,Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Muslim English Language Institute:
MELI Established in 2004 to address Afghanistan Education & Job future challenges, the mission of MELI has grown to promote a dynamic and capable civil society as a means to solving Afghanistan challenges from a grass roots level and by combining local know-how with global innovation. To prepare them taking part in Political, official, economic and social events and preparing proposals for NGOs and Construction companies etc and also to implement the approved projects after discussion with foreign clients in English as a Translator. MELI seeks to be self-sustainable, striving to create and manage projects which generate own incomes and reduce dependence on donors. MELI believes in creativity as the engine of change for Afghanistan. MELI teaching environment aims to be dynamic and professional. Great attention and care is given to providing a quality, positive and professional teaching environment to all staff. The dignity of the staff is of utmost concern for the organization as is their professional development. To date, great attention and investment has been given to professional and organizational capacity building, made possible in large extent.
Responsible for the financial health of a company o. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term
Requires travel to provinces:
· Excellent mathematical skills;
· Leadership skills;
· Management experience;
· Integrity; honesty; understanding of data privacy standards;
· Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; thorough understanding of business principles and practices;
· Superior attention to detail; organizational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills; multi-tasking skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initially must set financial mission of MELI.
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department
- Assist in company-wide budgetary planning
- Ensure that all the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Analyze the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, etc.
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Seek out methods and practices to minimize financial risk
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department
- Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
- Identify through consultation with the Vice-President and CEO the key actions necessary to achieve the financial plan
- Partner with the CEO and other team members in all departments to drive execution of key action items to achieve plan results.
- Analyze results of operations and review and explain key drivers of significant variances to plan and forecasted results.
- Develop the annual profit plan in conjunction with the team. Develop accurate 12-month financial forecasts each month
- Manage the Financial Manager, Credit team, Inventory Control team, accountants and any other direct reports to achieve plan goals in these areas. Set goals, manage and train staff to achieve goals and develop staff for advancement
- Consult and work directly with the other department HOD’s to achieve financial goals.
- Responsible of every single financial transaction. Need to maintain proper MIS.
- Thinking for MELI long- and short-term goals.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Mandatory MBA /CA/ACCA
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of Finance/Accountancy
· Understanding all commonly Computer programs and Quick Book.
· Fluent in English, Dari and Pashto languages