|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Sep 13, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Financial Accounting,Accounting/Finance|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data, and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for overseeing the Accounts Payable team with the provision of all accounts payable services per policies and procedures. The role is operational in nature and will be responsible for supervising and processing supplier invoices whilst addressing supplier and employee queries, performing supplier reconciliations, and other ad-hoc duties as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing staff responsible for performing the accounts payable function.
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable.
- To ensure smooth operation of the payment runs and adequate checks to ensure that the correct payments are made to the correct creditors.
- Preparing monthly and yearly accruals and adjustments for the accounting cycle
- Maintaining Prepaid Expense items.
- Maintaining the deferred rent schedule for sites and office space.
- Ensuring all account aging issues are identified, communicated (especially with respect to the necessity for accruals), and resolved in a timely manner.
- Analyzing and reconciling general ledger accounts.
- Providing detailed account variance analysis.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable department audit requests.
- Reconciling vendor statements regularly to ensure that all liabilities have been recorded.
- Maintaining proper reconciliation of AP module with control accounts.
- Special tasks as directed by the management team.
Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or any other business-related field.
Minimum of 5 years experience in a finance department.
- Financial Accounting/ Reporting.
- Fixed Assets Accounting.
- Good communication ability.
- Managerial skills.
- Passion for Excellence.
- Customer Focus.