|Date Posted:||Aug 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 7, 2019|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About American University of Afghanistan:
arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2019 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The AUAF’s Business department is seeking a qualified candidate for an Adjunct Faculty Business Law and Ethics based in Kabul.
This adjunct faculty appointment is a non-tenure-track faculty position in the Business Department. Teaching responsibilities will include Business Law and Ethics courses.
Key outcomes include:
International quality teaching and learning
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Adjunct faculty members are contracted fulfill the roles and responsibilities described in the Faculty Handbook and university policies and procedures that detail specific faculty duties. Major responsibilities are listed below. The base contract period refers to an academic semester, including possible pre- and post-semester faculty workshops. The contractual period extends from one week before the start of the semester to one day after end of the semester.
Teaching and Mentoring Responsibilities
Teach undergraduate and MBA courses in Business Law and Ethics.
Commitment to advising and monitoring undergraduate students registered in the classes.
Evaluating student work and assessing student learning outcomes.
Hold regular office hours and work with individual students, acting as academic mentor.
Remain engaged and current in the academic profession and in their disciplines
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Masters or PhD in Law or Business Law, and BA LLB Law Degree in Law from an accredited university.
· Significant work experience / teaching and training experience in the field of Business Law and Ethics.
· Have a deep understanding of legal and ethical concepts as applied to corporations and business, including elements of legal systems including sources of law; regulation; the role of international organizations in international trade; arbitrations; the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the Sale of International Goods; different international business forms; legal implications of companies in difficulty or crisis; governance; and ethical issues in business..
· Excellent oral and written English skills.
· Experience teaching in international, multicultural, settings preferred.
· Demonstrate a strong sense of values and ethics, consistent with the mandate of the American University of Afghanistan.
· Demonstrated experience with learning management systems such as Canvas, Moodle, or Blackboard.
If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF).