|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan:
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 50 staff members and 1400 volunteers. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Badakhshan, Balkh, Bamyan, Ghor, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Logar, Nangarhar, Parwan, Panjshir, Samangan, and Wardak.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
CoST-the Infrastructure Transparency Initiative in an international initiative aimed to strengthen transparency and accountability in publicly funded projects by disclosure of information. The initiative supports country operations through guidance, technical support and the exchange of knowledge and experiences. Following a recommendation from the Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC), the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan joined the CoST initiative in October 2013 through Ministry of Economy.
The Admin and Finance assistant will provide a wide range of administrative support to the CoST Afghanistan Office in terms of finance, administrative and field tasks. The admin assistant has to be exceedingly open to new learning, well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and programs.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Essential Criteria
· Some financial and administrative experience;
· Some experience of producing year end accounts;
· Some experience of budget preparation and control;
· Some experience of preparing financial reports for management committees;
· Experience of organizing meetings and preparing agenda’s, minutes etc;
· Good MS Office skills including Excel, Access and Outlook;
· Good written skills;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – able to liaise and network with a wide range of stakeholders;
· Ability to manage own workload with minimum of support;
· Ability to work with volunteers, as well as on own initiative;
· Accuracy and eye for detail;
· Excellent English communication skill (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
· Commitment to the work and values of CoST.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Administer the day-to-day cash flow.
· Administer income including updating donor records, handling donor relations preparing payment requests to donors.
· Process payments to suppliers and consultants in accordance with agreed procedures.
· Keep copies of all receipts and invoices
· Liaise with payroll where applicable Handle petty cash.
· Assist in the preparation of budgets in support of country programme submissions in consultation with National Coordinator
· organize Multi-Stakeholder Group meetings (involves identifying venue, sending invitations, preparing the meeting agenda, taking meeting minutes, recording meeting attendance, disbursing transport allowances etc).
· organize all other meetings such as disclosure events, annual general meeting etc as required including room bookings and catering.
· Maintain and develop office systems and procedures.
· Handle all incoming and outgoing mail deliveries.
· Support the recruitment of new staff and Multi-Stakeholder Group Members.
· Order office supplies and equipment and ensure the maintenance of office equipment. Maintain an inventory of capital equipment.
· Administer the contacts database.
· assist in the delivery of the country Implementation Plan within the agreed budget.
· Provide assistance in the procurement of consultants to deliver technical assistance such as the Assurance Process and baseline studies in line with the Implementation Plan. Provide administrative assistance to fundraising for the CoST country programme. Reporting
· Assist in the preparation of regular country progress reports on a quarterly basis for submission to the Multi-Stakeholder Group and International Secretariat. Stakeholder engagement and communications
· Assist in producing newsletters, social media content, press releases etc for communicating with country stakeholders Improving infrastructure through openness and accountability Initiative
· Provide administrative support (such as send out invitations, registering delegates, preparing delegate packs, liaising with speakers etc) for CoST [country] stakeholder events.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Some experience providing administrative support for meetings and events;
· Some experience of admin and finance works in national NGOs
· Some experience of minute writing
· Some experience of communications
· Some experience of website administration
• Bachelor degree in Economic, public policy and Business administration