|Date Posted:||Jan 11, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and livestock (MAIL):
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is one of the ministries of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Currently, Engineer Nasir Ahmad Durrani is head of the ministry.
The ministry is working on the development and modernization of agriculture, livestock and horticulture.
Agriculture accounts for the source of livelihood of 80 percent of the country's population, and hence the Afghan Ministry of Agriculture is an institution that is continually trying to improve agriculture, increase yields, and crop farming.
The ministry launches programs in the fields of agriculture, livestock and horticulture to support the farmers, manage natural resources, and strengthen agricultural economics. Ministry of Agriculture's programs include promotion and introduction of higher-value economic crops, strengthening traditional products, identifying and publishing farm-tailored land technologies, boosting cooperative programs, agricultural economics, and export with marketing.
The ministry has a large structure in the provincial centers and in each province, an agricultural directorate and in each district, there is an agricultural affairs department. These institutions work to improve and modernize cultivation practices, increase crops, improve gardening, educate farmers, gardeners and livestock, and artificial insemination of animals and increase dairy products.
Afghanistan is a mountainous country with vast deserts and brilliant history of several millennia. Its geographic location and topography is comparable only with a limited number of Asian countries.
The geographic shape of the Afghanistan begins from low levels and rise to high altitudes, finally reaching the “Roof of the World”; this shows that this geography has different ecosystems, changing of the ecosystems causes beauty and attractiveness in our land.
Proper weather is one of the important characteristic which has given Afghanistan a specific feature.
Our country is now under construction; these efforts is going on with the cooperation of hard-working people, agriculture forms one of the important areas of it.
The first agricultural management was created during reign of King Amanullah Khan in 1919; during the reign of king Habibullah Khan and after that a series of measures was adopted for agricultural development.
The measures taken by the Ministry of Commerce from 1918-1937 in the field of agriculture, reforestation, construction of rivers, planting of trees, formation of experimental agricultural farms, nurseries and others are as follow:
1. Construction of dams and excavation of canals from 1918- 1931.
2. Creation of first independent directorate of agriculture in 1937.
3. Creation of Ministry of Agriculture in 1948.
4. Renaming of Ministry of Agriculture to Ministry of Agriculture and Irrigation in 1960.
The Admin and finance Officer will be responsible for all administration activates of horticultural projects under the direct supervision of Horticultural project coordinator. He/she will lead the admin section of horticultural projects unit and provide support to central and provincial unit in term of implementing of the administrative, finance and procurement activities of the horticultural projects
Provinces to travel:
· Fluency in the National Languages as well as English;
· Able to enter data into computer (proficient in Word and Excel is must);
· Ability to write reports in Dari and Pashto as well as English;
· Outstanding analytical skills;
· Ability to work independently and in a team;
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Admin & fiancé Officer Duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
· Assist Horticultural project coordinator in overall planning and management of administrative procurement and financial management activities;
· Prepare monthly cash forecasts in coordination with the technical team of the horticulture projects to ensure the cash availability for supporting program activities in provinces;
· Develop and maintain effective filing system for the program documents, reports, administrative and HR documents, and other materials according to office protocols for the project;
· Organize and provide all logistical support needed for the solid implementation of the projects such as; events, meetings and workshops;
· Prepare meeting agenda, conduct meetings, write meeting minutes and keep records of all the meetings;
· Oversee the project procurement functions in the province for procurement and supply of goods and services in accordance to the Government of Afghanistan procurement guidelines and procedures;
· Identify project needs for administrative support, and recommend improvements to existing system where appropriate (with direction from supervisor);
· Arrange refreshments and stationary for workshops and meetings those are going to be conducted in the provinces.
· Maintain office inventory records and oversee the registration of all office equipment which is in the custody of staff members;
· Inventory management including stock control;
· Any other tasks as directed by the Head of Horticultural Projects Implementation Unit and Horticulture Development Department.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics or other relevant field must have full knowledge of program budgeting and financial management rules and procedures of the government of Afghanistan.
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in finance, admin and procurement out of which at least 2 years relevant experience with government or a recognized international development organization;