|Date Posted:||May 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 29, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Summary of Duties and responsibilities:
The Finance and Administration Assistant will be responsible for assisting in managing, administering and monitoring of financial activities, in close collaboration with Provincial Project Manager (PPM) and admin finance staff at the Provincial level. S/he will be responsible for assisting in the financial reporting and cash flow management for the provincial activities; ensure financial policies, procedures and regulations are understood and adhered to at the provincial level.
Duties & Responsibilities:
C. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In collaboration with other NABDP/MRRD team members at Provincial, Regional and Central office responsible for funds management:
1. Administer and monitor provincial NABDP petty cash/imprest funds and ensure that expenditure is in accordance with the budget and policy.
2. Responsible for the preparation of all provincial NABDP financial reports and ensures timely and accurate reports are submitted to NABDP Regional Finance Office.
3. Responsible for the financial accounting of field activities; and facilitate the communication of financial information to program staff and Regional Office.
4. Ensure established financial management systems are utilised by the various departments/partners receiving programme funds in the province. Establish a good communicating and reporting system with them.
5. Co-ordinate and maintain a cash forecasting system to ensure that adequate funds are available to meet the working requirements of the programme across a number of field sites.
6. Check and verify all payment requests, all financial transactions and confirm that they meet the required procedures and confirm budget availability. Ensure that all relevant supporting documents and records are maintained for all payments.
7. Act as a member of the committee responsible to review the bids submitted by contractors for the programmeâ€™s projects in the Province. Ensure that all procurement procedures are adhered to.
8. Ensure compliance with local regulations in respect of financial and other matters ( taxation and local legislation e.t.c)
9. Maintained good working relations with other NABDP and MRRD departments and other partners at the provincial level. Liaise with these partners on various common issues
10. Assist in the management of the sub-project list at the provincial level and ensure that the list is accurate and updated on a daily basis.
11. Focal point for Human Resource and administrative support for the provincial Office.
12. Perform other related financial and administrative duties as required.
1. Assist PRRDs and government financial departments to increase their capacity for financial management, including expenditure monitoring.
2. Support the ministries/departments in reviewing their financial and procurement systems and procedures, and in identifying and implementing improvements.
3. Assist District Development Assemblies to increase their capacity to administer project funds.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE, QAULIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Must be graduated from high School and Diploma in Business Administration, finance and accounting is desirable or equivalent professional qualification
2. 2-3 years of financial management work experience in Government, International NGOs, UN Agencies.
3. High team spirit, excellent people skills, ability to work under pressure.
4. Capable to obtain collaboration and team-work.
5. Excellent communication skill, excellent Dari/Pashto and English. (Written Skill/ reading/ spoken)
6. Computer knowledge, (MS Office, Internet and Financial packages)
7. Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy and tact
8. Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively
9. Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
10. Demonstrated abilities to take initiatives, build consensus and make things happen
11. Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively orally
12. Capacity development and training experience
13. Familiarity with Rural development Programmes
â€¢ Reports directly to the Provincial Project Manager / Admin Finance Associate with coordination and collaboration of financial issues with Head of Finance in Kabul
The NABDP/MRRD shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity under conditions of equality in its principles and subsidiary organ.