|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a grant to the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in the amount of $ 348.78 million plus $ 40 million by IFAD, for the implementation of the Arghandab Integrated Water Resource Development Project (“the Project”). The outcome of the project is improved management and use of water resources in the Arghandab River basin. The four anticipated outputs are (i) Dahla Dam capacity increased (ii) Reliability of Irrigation water supply increased, (iii) Agricultural water productivity improved and, (iv) Capacity in water resource management strengthened. Arghandab project was a approved by Board of Directors on Sep 11, 2019 for a period of 6 years. Arghandab project has four components that will be implemented by MEW, MAIL and MRR. The components are: 1. Dahla Dam capacity increased. This will be delivered through three key activities: (a) civil works to raise the main dam, six saddle dams, spillways and other associated structures line and intake tower, which will increase the full reservoir level by 13.6 m and storage capacity from 288 MCM to 782 MCM. 2. Output 2: Reliability of irrigation water supply increased through irrigation infrastructure modernization including canal and structures upgrading, introducing monitoring and control systems on the AIS and community-managed systems. 3. Output 3: Agricultural water productivity improved. Capacity of farmers will be strengthened to improve farm management, adopt climate-smart irrigation and agricultural technologies and practices to improve production and sustainability. 4. Output 4: Capacity in water resource management and use strengthened. The project will (a) support development of policy, legislation and regulatory options for a system of water entitlements and allocation to allow improved management of water resources (b) Provide water resources management training for government staff including women; and (c) Establishment of a National Hydrological Modelling Platform for integrated water resources policy, planning, operations and management to strengthen water resources management The Ministry of Finance is the Executing Agency and the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), the Implementing Agency for the Project. MAIL was appointed as Implementing Agency in view of its mandate to manage and guide development of the agriculture, irrigation and livestock sub-sectors of Afghanistan’s rural and urban communities. MAIL will established a Project Management Unit (PMU) within MAIL’s Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to be responsible for day to day implementation of the Project including (i) overall management and coordination of the relevant outputs; (ii) guiding and overseeing the work of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU); (iii) establishment and implementation of the project performance management system; (iv) hiring of project staff; (v) confirming sub-project selection, feasibility studies and submitting to ADB for “no-objection”; (vi) procurement of goods, works and services, following ADB procedures; (vii) establishing and managing advance account, submission of withdrawal applications to ADB, retention of supporting documents; (viii) preparation of annual forecast of contract awards and disbursements; (ix) compilation of reports from the PIUs and preparation of project progress reports; (x) submission of progress reports and annual audit report and financial statements; and (xi) preparation of a project completion report.
The incumbent will be responsible for performing over all administration and Financial Activities in the PIU and He/She will be re-portable to the Head of project implementation Unit/Project Manager.
Requires travel to provinces:
· 4-years relevant experience in a similar position with donor-funded project, other development Projects, International NGO.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Pashto and/or Dari.
Be Familiar with MS Word, Excel Spreadsheet, Power Point, Access, Internet and use of email.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a complex and rapidly changing environment, excellent interpersonal skills.
· Solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist PIU Head in overall planning and managing of Administration and Financial Management activities
· Supervise vehicle and generator fuel consumption, maintenance and update the logbook on regular basis.
· Establish easy retrieved registry system for all official correspondence of PIO.
· Organize the financial and accounting information.
· Facilitate travel arrangement of all PIO Staff.
· Collect Invoice, work completion report and other supporting documents from the contractor and send it to PMO Kabul on regular basis.
· Perform contract management for medium and small-scale contracts including; review and verification of the monthly invoices, budget-lines, ceilings, unit costs, duration and other important contract aspects
· Prepare PIO staff time sheet, over time, attendance and small purchase requests and good received note.
· Oversee Arghandab procurement function for procurement and supply of goods and services in accordance to the Government and ADB procurement guidelines and procedures
· Build capacity of PIO staff in the areas of financial management, contract management, procurement, budgeting, financial report writing and other related areas
· Assist the PIO Head in daily Administrative and financial activities.
· Ensure timely audit of the project accounts in accordance to the international standards of the independent audit, and facilitate both internal and external audits;
· Keep records of all admin and finance related documents;
· Estimate and share monthly petty cash forecast and handle petty cash replenishment and management.
· Maintain financial records such as expenditures, travel arrangements, purchases, and delivery of equipment, supplies, and inventory;
· Assist in assessing and maintaining necessary internal control pertaining to various areas of finance; assist in implementing the recommendations of auditors;
· Oversee the data input into financial related databases and provide guidance on data input and validation;
· Maintain project financial records e.g., expenditures, petty cash management, advance payments and other related documents
· Assist in conducting project internal and external audit reviews pertaining project financial, procurement and contract management
· Assist in implementation of the auditors’ recommendations
· Prepare meeting agenda, conduct meeting, write meeting minutes and keep records of all the meetings.
· Provide field level procurement input to Head of PIU and do small purchases in the local market.
· Produce monthly Administrative and Financial reports to Head of PIU and Project Manager.
· Process payment requests of the contractors and suppliers in line with the terms of payment of the contract and in accordance to ADB and Government procedures.
Carry Out any other task that will be assigned by his supervisor or Project Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar
· Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting with four years of relevant experience.