|Date Posted:||May 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade GAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Since late November 2014, DAI has been implementing the USAID funded Strong Hubs for Afghan Hope and Resilience (SHAHAR) project with the Deputy Ministry of Municipalities (DMM) and in up to twenty provincial municipalities across Afghanistan in order to form well-governed, fiscally sustainable Afghan municipalities capable of meeting the needs of a growing urban population. As of November 30, 2017, the SHAHAR project was extended for two additional years in order to continue to partner with and support DMM; to partner with and support Kabul Municipality in the core areas of administrative efficiency, client management, rehabilitation of municipal landfills, and revenue generation; and to continue to partner with and build the capacity of the four regional hub provincial capitals of Kandahar City, Herat, Jalalabad, and Mazar-e-Sharif to serve as regional learning hubs, providing a mechanism to continue to deliver technical assistance and training to all 20 original SHAHAR partner municipalities, while also strengthening the capacity of municipal staff and systems in the regional hub provincial municipalities.
In 2019, USAID expanded SHAHAR’s program activities to the following 10 additional municipalities: Puli Alam (Logar Province), Maydan Shahr (Maydan Wardak Province), Ghazni (Ghazni Province), Qalat (Zabul Province), Lashkar Gah (Helmand Province), Aybak (Samangan Province), Maymana (Faryab Province), Qala-I-Naw (Badghis Province), Chaharikar (Parwan Province), and Puli Khumri (Baghlan Province).
The Admin/Gender & Youth Clerk will be responsible for assisting the Municipal Team in the performance of all regional and municipal administrative, financial and technical activities according to the DAI policies and procedures. The position is based in SHAHAR’s Mayden Shahr Municipality.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Baccalaureate from School/Educational or professional institute per requirement of job
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
- Computer literate, including e-mail, word processing and spreadsheet management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to work beyond official work hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Fluent in Dari and/or Pashto and strong written and spoken English skills (FSI 3S/3R) required.
- Experience of working with international organizations in Afghanistan is preferred.
- Experience working on USAID-funded programs is an advantage
- Previous experience and familiarity working in Maydan Shahr Afghanistan.
Gender: This position is open only to female candidates. Only female candidates will be considered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Objectives and Duties:
The following duties are illustrative. The Admin/Gender & Youth Clerk will be assigned all of the following duties and tasks.
· Assist the Municipal Offices in coordinating Administration, Finance and Procurement activities;
· Maintain an orderly office filing system;
· Assist and facilitate the staff with official memos and correspondence;
· Work with SHAHAR finance department to reconcile Municipal financial issues;
· Schedule and prepare materials for meetings; takes, prepares, and distributes minutes from meetings;
· Assist the Asset Controller based in Kabul conduct periodic physical inventory of property in the Municipal Offices, as well as, maintain the prescribed property register;
· Serve as point of contact for administration and operation activities of SHAHAR Municipal Offices;
· Assist in the preparation of proper financial documentation to clear any outstanding advances and/or monthly replenishment of the municipality petty cash fund;
· Provide support to the Senior Technical/Administrative Assistant keep track of the rented vehicle monthly log sheet and generator fuel tracking sheet for the periodic submission to the main office in Kabul;
· Process TAMIS Pro purchase requisitions and purchase records including the uploading of the required and accurate documentation;
· Track office supplies and the replenishment thereof;
· Assist the Municipal team with events planning, coordination, and implementation;
· Translation of training materials and other documents from either Dari or Pashto to English and vice versa;
· Maintain trackers for technical activities;
· Prepare activity proposals and budgets in TAMIS;
· Contribute to the preparation of technical reports; and
· Perform such other task as his/her supervisor may assign.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Wardak
Baccalaureate from School/Educational or professional institute per requirement of job