|Date Posted:||Jun 20, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 10, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About National Procurement Authority:
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement. Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
The Admin/HR assistant will be doing the following tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The Admin/HR assistant assists the Admin/Finance officer in day-to-day administrative duties.
2. Assists in organizing the training courses both at central and provincial levels.
3. Issuance and follow up on the official correspondences with the relevant ministries and other departments.
4. Preparation of the trainees’ certificates.
5. Assists with the staffing process as required by the component and maintains proper records of each process.
6. Reporting on Examinations and Evaluations to the admin officer/ training coordinator.
7. Maintaining training records of each trainer.
8. Attendance sheet coordination with the trainers and other staff.
9. Ensures that the classrooms are fully equipped and ready for the trainings.
10. Be able to travel to provinces as required by the component.
11. Be totally informed of the PCBC administrative affairs including HR, Finance and Logistics.
12. Reports to the admin officer of his daily activities.
13. Cooperates with relevant admin/ training staff in terms of admin/ training affairs.
14. Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources executives
15. Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
16. Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
17. Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
18. Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
19. Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
20. Any other tasks as assigned by the admin officer and training coordinator.
Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Management, Business, Social Sciences or any other related fields with 2 years of experience or Baccalaureate Degree with 4 Years of Experience.
II. Work Experience
Must have 2-4 year of experience in Human Resources Management, Administrative and Management with government organizations or NGOs.
III. Language Requirement
Must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking in English. Must also have strong communication, reading and writing skills in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).
IV. Key Competencies
- Must have strong experience in computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point), internet and email skills.
- Provide necessary support to the Project Director and Project staff with complete administrative services.
- Ability to set Priorities.