|Date Posted:||May 7, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 14, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
The Administration & Logistics Manager will be responsible to manage FINCA Afghanistan’s Administration and Logistics department and to logistically and administratively support all FINCA Offices in Afghanistan. The Administration and Logistics Manager will manage HQ office and its facilities, procurement, logistics and transportation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage Headquarters’ Administration and Logistics department.
2. Be responsible for the training and development of all Administrative and Logistics personnel in all FINCA – Afghanistan Offices. And undertake staff performance evaluation of HQ Administrative and Logistics personnel.
3. Assist CFO in creating and updating administrative, procurement and logistical policies, guidelines and procedures. And ensure that these policies and procedures are implemented in all FINCA regional offices.
4. Supervise all administrative and logistical personnel and ensure that administrative and logistics personnel are performing their jobs and using their time effectively.
5. Monitor all bulk and non-expendable equipment procurement in all FINCA Offices and ensure that such purchases are made according to FINCA – Afghanistan procurement policies and procedures.
6. Create inventory management systems, policies and procedures and ensure all FINCA – Afghanistan Offices put in place an appropriate inventory management system and that there is a general and updated inventory list is kept at the HQ.
7. Create and manage an effective flow of information system between HQ and all FINCA offices through telephone, faxes, emails and posts and ensure that all official communication is properly registered and managed by the Administrative personnel.
Administrative Function 30%
1. Ensure that all FINCA Offices are administratively efficient and supported in its operations.
2. Work closely with all Regional Administration and Logistics Officers in order to improve the general administrative situation, including mail in-out, a unitary filing system for the entire office (including hard and soft copy filing systems), keeping all relevant reports, correspondence etc. on file in an accurate manner.
3. Make sure that all external and internal conferences and meetings called by FINCA – Afghanistan HQ is administratively and logistically supported.
4. Approve attendance and timesheets for all administrative and logistics personnel in HQ.
5. Ensure that there is an effective transportation arrangement for pick and drop of expats and daily use of all staff for official business. And necessary transportation arrangement for other staff in all FINCA – Afghanistan Offices.
6. Translate and review the translation of all administrative and logistical documents from English into Dari and vise-versa and make sure that all FINCA Offices keep and use a copy of such document.
7. Ensure that all offices maintain and log all keys.
8. Create and update administrative and logistics forms on both hard and soft copies (paper and diskette) and make sure that all FINCA – Afghanistan Offices are provided with updated and new forms.
9. Make sure that all official communications to outside organizations (government bodies, media, NGOs, private companies, etc) are passed via or approved by the Country Director and Regional Directors/Managers.
Logistics and Procurement 40%
1. Ensure that all FINCA offices are adequately stocked with necessary supplies and forms. Coordinate any supply or form requests according to the supply request procedure.
2. Ensure that Logistics personnel procure and provide timely supplies and village bank materials as per the requests made by staff.
3. Ensure that travel arrangement for all international and national staff, both within country and oversees are being processed and arranged efficiently.
4. Plan and manage all major procurement required for the HQ and other FINCA – Afghanistan offices with the relevant Regional Directors and Logistics Assistants.
5. Negotiate with suppliers to obtain the best possible price and quality for major procurements required for HQ and other FINCA – Afghanistan Offices.
6. Take the lead in international procurement for major equipment like vehicles, copier machines, generators, etc.
7. Ensure that all major purchases made in HQ and other FINCA – Afghanistan Offices are approved and properly documented and recorded in inventory lists.
8. Ensure that all bills are paid in-full and on a timely basis.
9. Identify and build working relationship with best suppliers and service providers in cities where FINCA operates.
10. Negotiate and manage all contracts for the procurement of rental car services, communication, maintenance, fuel, gas, etc.
Facilities Management 10%
1. Identify suitable premises for FINCA – Afghanistan Offices, negotiate rent and manage house contracts for all Offices.
2. Oversee the office area and the rented apartments to ensure that they are clean and professional in appearance.
3. Manage day to day maintenance needs of HQ. Ensure that all office commodities and equipment (chairs, desks, computers, etc.) are properly maintained and serviced or repaired. Maintain a list of maintenance contractors.
4. Assist the Branch Managers in obtaining additional office space or market offices as necessary.
5. Inventory and track all fixed assets of the offices. Apply proper identification labels and maintain complete documentation. Perform an annual inventory and prepare proper documentation for the removal of damaged assets of all FINCA – Afghanistan.
Perform other tasks not listed in this Job Description but are reasonably associated to the position. The Administration and Logistics Manager must show initiative and complete all tasks assigned by his/her supervisor promptly and to the standard expected. The Administration and Logistics Manager can draw on the support and advice of her supervisor and colleagues but is nonetheless ultimately responsible for completing the above tasks without being asked. The Administration and Logistics Manager must be able to work independently when asked and take initiative to solve problems without being asked. The Administration and Logistics Manager must do her/her job without being reminded of routine tasks or requests made by the supervisor.
1. At least five years professional experience with three years of Logistics or office management experience.
2. Mid-level management skills.
3. University degree in economics, finance, management, business, or related field.
4. Fluency in Dari, Pashto and English. Ability to translate from English into Dari and Dari into English.
5. Excellent communication skills.
6. Experience in computers, spreadsheet applications, and word processing.
1. Accuracy, attention to detail, commitment to transparency.
2. Ability to learn quickly, strong self-training readiness