|Date Posted:||Feb 13, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 17, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace (ROP) is a humanitarian, not-for-profit organization focused on the removal of land mines and the restoration of agriculture in former conflict zones. ROP implements the Commercial Horticulture and Agricultural Marketing Program (CHAMP), which is a four-year program, funded by USAID in Afghanistan. The Program is implemented in the following Provinces: Kandahar, Helmand, Zabul, Uruzgan, Nangarhar, Laghman, Kunar, Nuristan, Ghazni, Logar, Wardak, Bamyan, Paktya, Paktika, and Khost. CHAMP offers farmers the opportunity to establish new orchards and new vineyards and/or to install trellising on existing vineyards. The Program will be quite similar to the World Bank MAIL-HLP orchards establishment program being implemented by ROP in Northern and Central Afghanistan. CHAMP will be responding to farmer demand for the species of trees and grapes to plant. We expect that in the higher altitudes, farmers will demand apples, almonds, apricots, walnuts and some grapes. In the lower altitudes, farmers will demand citrus, apricot, pomegranate and some almonds. We will select farmers for participation based on their agreement to pay a portion of the cost of the saplings, trellising and/or other materials provided by CHAMP.
â€¢Having familiarity with admin and logistic activities
â€¢Ability to communicate both verbal and in writing in Pashto, Dari and excellent English Language reading, writing and understanding skills are all required.
â€¢Knowledge and ability of working on MS. Office Package, internet, and other software. Experience and knowledge of IT would be an advantage.
â€¢Ability to work under pressure and in complex environment.
â€¢Having strong multiple tasks prioritizing skills.
He/She will not have any director supervises but will be working in close collaboration with the logistic assistants and IT assistant.
Working Conditions including Travel and Overtime:
The Admin and Logistic Officer will be based in Kabul and will have rare travels to the provincial offices when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Admin and Logistic Officer will ensure the smooth running of Admin and Logistic department activities, and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for travel arrangements of the office staff
- Obtaining visa for national staff and expatriates, obtaining work permit for expatriates
- Responsible for hotel reservations and clearance of the payments for hotels
- Purchase of tickets and keeping records of the payments to the travel agencies
- Renting vehicle for trips to the provinces when needed
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services i.e. office equipments, office supplies, food and other non food items
- Take care of electricity consumption of the office buildings and do the payments on time
- Keep record of the office running cost
- Maintains, carries out, and is responsible for local procurement (negotiates costs, orders stationary, inspects delivery etc.), including quotation procedures
- Advises suppliers of defective goods delivered and arranges for necessary follow-ups
- Checks invoice, delivery receipts and other papers and sign them/submit them for payment
- Arranges and co-ordinates the safe transhipment of deliveries to the requesting project
- Informs projects of location and time of delivery
- Files documents with completed transactions
- Makes inventory of all office equipments, machinery and other non-disposable items
- Keep the inventory list of the office updated all the times
- Report the inventory status to the management on quarterly basis
- Register all new items in the inventory list and submit to the requesting party
- Handover all inventory items from staff who separates from ROP
Liaises with governmental agencies:
- Responsible for all internal and external correspondence
- Keep record of all outgoing and incoming correspondence
- Responsible for clearance of items in the custom
- Responsible for registration and other official procedure of imported items
- Responsible for processing vehicle registration
Management of security guards and office cleaners:
- Make duty schedule for the guards
- Manage leave and other vacations of the guards
- Monitors presence of the guards
Management of contracts and payments of rental vehicles:
- Keep the rental vehicle contracts updated
- Responsible for organizing payments of rental vehicles
- Contracting rental vehicles
- Coordination with rental vehicle owners on payments, vehicle maintenance etc
Filing system and record keeping management:
- Maintain the admin/logistic filing system updated
- Develop new files when needed
- Keep track of all admin documents
Arrangements of meetings/workshops:
- Responsible for arrangement of meetings, taking minutes of meetings
Responsible for arrangement of workshops and any official gatherings
Bachelors Degree or High School Certificate with more than four years progressive experience in the field of admin and logistics in lieu of the degree
Three to four years of progressive experience working in the field of admin and logistics with international NGOs, Embassies, and/or UN agencies. Prior working experience with any USAID project is desirable.