|Date Posted:||Apr 18, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Apr 26, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Purpose of Job
- To establish constructive management and systematic organizational procedures, admin rules and regulations within Future Generations Offices in Afghanistan.
- The Administration Manager is responsible to implement and maintain the highest standards of efficiency and integrity in daily administration, logistics, procurement, human resource management, asset management and IT affairs for FGA offices in Kabul and Nangarhar Provinces.
- The Administration Manager will oversee program support functions including procurement, logistics, and administration, human resources, and compound and equipment maintenance of Nangarhar office. This will include procurement, supplies from and to Nangarhar office, and general day to day management in terms of compound and vehicles maintenance and repair.
Update and Implement organizational policies
- Review and update personnel policy/manual
- Produce and implement security policy
- Review, update and implement IT/communication policy
- Update and implement administration operational manual/procedure
- Training of FGA staff on security, admin and other related organizational policies.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Undertake human resource management including annual staff performance appraisals, and staff recruitment;
- Assist in the recruitment process including check references for local staff hired through FGA offices in Kabul and Nangarhar.
- In consultation with program/section managers, try to identify job description gaps and develop job descriptions for the entire staff of FGA.
- Contract with staff, develop job description/job plan for admin and support staff and supervise their performances in Kabul and Nangarhar offices.
- Maintain personnel update record in the personal files
- Checking presence sheet and management of annual leave of local staff
- Prepare the internal personnel reports (monthly and annual) including staff breakdown report and calculate the rate of turnover
- Draft memos, letters, requests, work certificates, recommendation letters when required
Liaise with Government Offices
- Establish strong networking and alliance building with relevant Government Ministries, ACBAR member Agencies and other networks.
- Regular communication with FG Head Quarter (communication Director) for submitting office reports, provide them with information to update country fact sheets, website etc.
- Strong intuition for team work including the ability to support the train FGA staff in Kabul and Nangarhar.
- Responsible to submit monthly TAX reports to Finance Department and annual TAX report to Ministry of Finance in consultation with finance manager.
- Liaise with Ministry of economy and update them about FGA program in Afghanistan.
- Facilitate the visa requirements and work permit of ex-pat staff in relevant ministries (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and Ministry of Interior).
- Attend official meeting including ANSO weekly meeting on behalf of FGA.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date inventory list of all equipment and assets. Track all assets to ensure accurate record keeping of FGA and donor assets. Maintain the update of asset depreciation records in the office.
- Responsible to receive procurement requests, ensure timely and accurate processing of procurements. Establish preferred supplier agreements in field office and liaise with finance manager to ensure compliance and payment schedules.
- Monitor usage of office vehicle, fuel consumption, repairs and maintenance in Kabul and Nangarhar offices.
Other Admin Related Tasks:
- Responsible for overall direction and management of the FGA administration affairs in Kabul and Nangarhar offices.
- Direct supervision over administration section of Nangarhar office and performance development plans for all admin staff.
- Keep the FGA Staff informed of all events, news, Afghan Government policies, security situation and development that have direct or indirect bearing on the FGA activities in Afghanistan.
- Coordinate with Nangarhar managers on security related issues to ensure safety and security of FGA offices, vehicles and employees.
- Monitor security measures of offices and provide regular instructions to guards and project managers.
- Oversee, facilitate and coordinate the functions of the supporting staff of the FGA offices in Kabul and Nangarhar Offices;
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining the Office Archive.
- Responsible for providing support to communication director in maintaining the FG website.
- The candidate should have Bachelor / Master Degree with professional qualification in Administration related field.
- Five years of practical work experience in international NGOs in areas of administration or operational support functions including procurement, logistics and human resource management.
- Knowledge of human resource, procurement, and logistics management procedures as applied in an international NGO.
- Experience in setting up and managing administration, logistics management and ability to prioritize tasks and complete activities efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent negotiation, representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Good communication skill and team working capacity is required
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills required; good knowledge of both Dari and Pashto.
- Ability to solve IT/networking and computer related basic problem is desired