|Date Posted:||Jul 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Administrative,Management,Economic Growth,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC):
In 2010, the Government of the Islamic Republic Afghanistan (GIRoA) invited the international community to form the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC), to provide anti-corruption policy advice, and monitor and evaluate progress against specific anti-corruption benchmarks. The MEC was established jointly by the GIRoA and the international community, following the London and Kabul Conferences in January and July 2010, respectively, and by Presidential Decree 61, 2010.
The MEC is an independent agency, and is not subject to direction from either the Afghan government or from the international community. Following the London Conference, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan invited the international community to form a joint Afghan-International monitoring and evaluation committee. On September 18, 2016, the Afghan president issued Presidential Decree No. 115. This changed the legal status, duties, scope of activities and authorities of the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee which abrogates all previous Presidential Decrees. The MEC focuses on:
· Developing anti-corruption recommendations;
· Monitoring and evaluating the anti-corruption efforts of the Afghan government and the international community; and
Reporting on a regular basis to the President, Parliament, and people of Afghanistan, as well as to the international community about the state of the fight against corruption.
The Admin & Procurement intern will be working under overall guidance of the MEC Head of Admin, HR & Procurement and will provide assistance for admin, Procurement matters of MEC. The Admin &Procurement intern is also working very closely with the Finance and IT Officers. It will also ensure smooth running of MEC’s admin & procurement support activities.
Requires travel to provinces:
Proficient use of Excel, Microsoft Office, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Under the supervision of Head of Admin, HR & Procurement Management and oversight of all small procurement activities of MEC in coordination with other units.
· Conducting/carrying out purchases for small items as and when required including preparing PR, obtaining quotes, doing comparisons, PO if required on timely manner.
· Coordination and management of quotations, POs, good receive and Invoice process for Payment with finance and other departments.
· Paying attention to details and make sure the purchases are in line with the established purchasing limitations.
· Keeping track of all service contracts with venders and inform his/her direct supervisor on the expiry dates.
· Identifying office needs and inform his / her direct supervisor for ordering office supplies;
· Coordinating the printing and compilation of report, documents, briefing material, and other
· Supervision of life support services, including ACs, Heaters, electricity, water supply and etc.
Office management including Admin & Procurement office filling, proper use of office spaces, resources and stationary
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Recent university graduate in Public Administration, Management, Economic, or Business Administration.
· General understanding of procurement and administrative tasks
· Native in Dari or Pashto with good English Language skill (written & oral)
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Good communication skills