|Date Posted:||Nov 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Accounting/Finance ,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GIRoA and International Donors.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) pay-agent support project and, will be stationed in the Headquarters, Kabul. He/she performs the day to day works in the DMAC Administration department i.e. perform work of admin and finance, making sure the implementation of Administration and Finance policies, monitor the work of support staff, does facilitation of knowledge sharing amongst the Administration staff and development good professional relationship with ANDMA, MoF and all other stockholders and partners. His/her specific duties are included but not limited to the following:
Provinces to travel:
- Ability to be detail oriented and produce financial and administrative reports with precision and accuracy.
- Ability to forecast, plan, and reconcile when and where required.
- Ability to interact and establish relationship with key touchpoints i.e. Ministry of Finance, Da Afghanistan Bank, and others
- Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
- Computer (MS Word, Excel and power point)
- Having good Presentation skill.
- Proposal/concept note and report writing skill is desirable.
- Good Communication (written and no written) and both languages local and English.
- Having the capacity to lead and supervise a team of staff.
- Having the ability to provide and get feedback.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and assist in budget development process.
- Undertake the Special Account Replenishment on a monthly basis or as it requires.
- Prepare the Payments (M16s), Allotments (B27) on daily basis and when and while required.
- Prepare required forms for the advance clearances of the project.
- Maintain a filing system of general administration and personnel matters, and on financial documents and reports, both scan copies and hard copies.
- Keep sufficient petty cash and do petty cash payment as per DMAC financial policy and procedure.
- Make sure cash is always counted and kept in safe and secure place and do a fiscal year end petty cash settlement with MoF
- Reconciliation of SDU, Speculation Disbursement Unit Report on a monthly basis, as and when required.
- Reconcile bank account with the respective cash book, through the “Bank Reconciliation Statement”, on a monthly basis.
- Prepare the monthly payroll, based on information from the Human Resources Unit.
- Prepare information and report for donor regarding development projects budget, allotment, and expenditures.
- Prepare and check all the vouchers made for salary payments, purchases, fees etc. and to make sure that double payments are avoided and monitor proper payment status.
- Reconcile and conduct settlement of petty cash with donor (if required) and with MoF when required.
- Do bank reconciliation and report any discrepancies if any.
- Control and monitor budget plan vs expenses and report to supervisor.
- Develop required reports for donor and for government of Afghanistan.
- Provide financial documents for controllers and/or auditors.
- Act as focal point for all financial and admin related issues when required.
- Under the direct supervision of head of administration department, he will write correspondence letters and/or any administration related letters in both local and English languages.
- Make sure compound is well managed and all facilities are properly working.
- Make sure all requests for service, goods and/or any work is raised in advance, budget availability is checked with donor/Finance and all the terms of request is fulfilled.
- Make sure the vehicles are always in good condition and regularly maintained.
- In coordination with the Head of Administration, ensuring all DMAC assets and equipment are operational, safeguarded and maintained.
- Develop and implement long and short-range maintenance plans and services of DAMC, assets and equipment. Ensure that needed maintenance contracts are in place and executed to the best interest of DMAC. Schedule and oversee regular maintenance services including but not limited to Vehicles maintenance, generator maintenance, AC maintenance, electrical and plumbing system maintenance.
- Proactively identify possible problems and ensure these are being resolved.
- Ensure that all DMAC offices are sufficiently furnished. Ensures appropriate office furniture is allocated to staff and coordinates repairs as needed.
- Ensure Generators and Vehicles log books are properly maintained.
- Track Generator and Vehicles fuel consumption, maintain related Generator and Vehicles fuel logs and prepare analysis of fuel consumption. Request for Generator and Vehicles fuel replenishment.
- Ensure full compliance of property, plant and equipment management with DMAC rules, regulations and policies including effective internal control.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of DMAC assets. Prepare annual reports and statements on DMAC assets
- Assist in implementing a sound assets management in accordance with DMAC policy. Travel to all DMAC locations as necessary to ensure conduct stocktaking and audit on the correctness and accuracy of the DMAC assets inventory. Assist in organizing regular stocktaking exercises.
- Using DMAC computerized inventory management system analyzes stocks history data in order to maintain an efficient and reliable automated inventory-stock control system. Oversees the inventory records. Verify the accuracy of the data recorded/updated in the computerized database.
- Managing/reviewing assets including maintenance jobs, depreciation and disposal.
- Assist in preparation of the documents for submission to DMAC management for assets disposal.
- Assist in the implementation of the approved disposal methods. Implement the sale process of the assets in coordination with procurement unit. Coordinate with the store’s representatives, the disposal of assets as per the approved recommendation and under the afghan rule and regulations.
- Ensure that the accurate and auditable records in both hard (filling system) and electronic format are maintained for property control and accountability.
- Oversee the Warehouse operations and activities to be complaint with DMAC rules, regulations and policies including effective internal control.
- Perform any other relevant task assigned by DMAC senior management
Supply Chain Management
- Deal with all aspect of supply chain management including but not limited to planning, budgeting, requesting, acquisition, reception, issuing, tracking, reporting, and maintaining the stock transactions and disposal.
- Keep record of all supplies purchased in a proper and accountable manner.
- Make sure, enough stock is available and managed properly for easy access.
- Deal and liaison and follow of all related work/documents with government such as (MoEC, MoF, MoLSAMD and Directorate of Traffic).
- Make sure that all registration and other documents for DMAC vehicles are up to date.
- Able to process travel authorization documents, submitted by requester.
- Make sure, flights are booked on timely manner.
- Make sure all TAs are process on time and the colleagues get their travel allowances.
Office & Kitchen cleanness:
- Plan and ensure provision of all essential services related to the efficient operations of DMAC facilities such as cleaning, waste disposal and recycling, pooling of septic tanks and others as needed.
- Schedule and coordinate implementation of regular (at least once a quarter) heavy duty cleaning of office and staff house (heavy duty cleaning shall include cleaning of windows, Washing of carpets and curtains, major cleanup of kitchen and other common use premises).
- Prepare request for all items related to Office and kitchen.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
o At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or major in Finance, Accounting and Economics, from a reputable university.
- Work Experience:
o At least having 4 years of working experience in the field of Administration and Finance, where two years of working experience must be with the Government of Afghanistan in the field of Finance and in Officer Level.
§ Familiar with accounting software, such as Quick Book.
§ Knows the AFMIS system of MoF.