|Date Posted:||Jun 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 20, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Afghanistan Rural Enterprise Development Programme:
The Administration Officer will work in the Administration Unit which is a functional unit of the Program Support Services Office (PSSO) the PMO.
The Administration Officer (AO) is responsible to the Administration Manager (AM) for the following: a) the day-to-day administration functions of AREDP PMO; b) management of stationary stocks and office equipments; c) proper distribution, disposal, repair and maintenance of assets; d) ensuring all contracts for vehicles, offices and other contractible items are in place; and, e) act as a focal point with the POs regarding asset management issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage stationary stocks and office equipments and ensure that the AREDP PMO and Provincial Offices (POs) is constantly supplied to facilitate operations;
- Be responsible for proper and accurate management and inventory record of AREDP assets and properties;
- Ensure proper distribution, disposal, repair and maintenance of assets, and coordinate the accurate asset check outs for the outgoing AREDP staff both in PMO and POs;
- Maintaining and updating the asset management database;
- Prepare, dispatch, track and file all incoming and ongoing correspondence including courier services;
- Maintain an update records of contacts from various stakeholders;
- Draft, prepare and finalize daily official correspondences, emails and letters;
- Act as a focal point with the POs regarding asset management related issues;
Make sure that all contracts for vehicles, offices and other contractible items are in place in PMO;
- Other duties as assigned by the AM.
- At least three years full-time professional work experience;
- Proven familiarity with standard office equipment and administration procedures;
- Good bookkeeping (accounting) knowledge;
- Ability to get along well with others.
- A Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Management, or other related field;
- Excellent office management skills;
- In the absence of a university degree an individual may qualify for the position by substituting at least 4 years of experience;
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto, and English
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening;
- Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written directions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure, pay attention to details, show self-initiative, be assertive yet diplomatic;
- Ability an effective team member.
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanour;
- Willingness to enhance knowledge through training and personal initiative, and
- Willingness and ability to travel in Afghanistan.
D. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to Administration Manager, and accountable to AREDP Senior Management.
1. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Five Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.