|Date Posted:||May 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
To provide a wide range of administrative and Security support services for the administration & Security department for World Vision Afghanistan in Ghor Office and to develop and maintain efficient office systems and procedures.
Administrative & Security Officer manages the office, handle duties assigned by upper management. The position holder must be the one who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative & security support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. This position reports to the Administration & Security Manager and requires to travel to the field frequently.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve efficiency
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner
- Ability to operate all office electronic devices such as Xerox, Scanner and Projector.
- Working knowledge in administration
- Fluent in English language, both spoken and written
- Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency Adaptability and flexibility.
- Must be able to maintain a high standard of personal appearance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Answer, screens and transfers inbound phone calls
- General clerical duties including photocopying, Scanning and mailing.
- Plan/arrange meetings and take detailed minutes
- Insert and retrieve documents from filing system.
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for WVA Ghor Staff.
- Maintain office supply inventories
- Perform data entry, database update and scan documents into the database.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients and represent WVA at the Ghor Provincial level.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports with Administration Manager.
- Record and track staffs’ field movements
- Ensure the reception area is kept neat and tidy
- Check WVA trainings venue and food quality assessment (Conduct spot check from the venues during training/workshops and ask participants for the quality of food and services).
- Supervise and oversees the support staff performance at the Ghor office including cook, cleaner and security guards.
- Book accommodation for the staff and visitors in the hotels and team houses.
- Travel to the field to conduct security risk assessment, actor mapping and negotiations.
- Manage office supplies and administrative needs for the office/TH.
- Ensure all required supplies such as: (refreshments, furniture and equipment are available.
- Track all office supplies and ensure proper registration/usage)
- Prepare administration PRs and process any Admin related payments such as: (flights, food, accommodation, and other payments).
- Prepare staff time sheets, submit staff LDRs in ESS (ensure all staff signs their timesheets on time).
- Prepare payment documents and obtain appropriate reviews and approvals.
- Register all purchase requisitions in the system.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reports are obtained in Administration & Security Department.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Ghor
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the field of Administration, preferably in WV.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national and international staff.