|Date Posted:||Oct 5, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 18, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About UNDP/ Afghanistan :
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. UNDP has been working in Afghanistan for more than 50 years on climate change and resilience, gender, governance, health, livelihoods, and rule of law. Under the broader framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in close coordination with other UN agencies, UNDP is supporting Afghan people’s aspiration for peace, prosperity, and sustainability. UNDP is currently implementing its flagship crisis response programme, ABADEI (Area Based Approach to Development Emergency Initiatives), as part of the ongoing UN-led response to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and the breakdown of Afghanistan’s economy following the August 2021 shift in power.
The ABADEI Strategy is a tailored area-based integrated programming approach to support basic human needs, complementing short-term humanitarian life-saving assistance with the safeguarding of livelihoods and the strengthening of community resilience. It is centered around addressing worsening poverty and vulnerability, supporting community resilience and social cohesion, addressing climatic vulnerability and enabling the rehabilitation of small-scale infrastructure vital for basic human needs. It supports the creation of immediate sources of income through vocational skills training, cash-for-work, cash for market, small businesses and livelihood opportunities with particular focus on agri-business and regenerative agriculture infrastructure and services (critical for food security) that are under threat. It is sensitive to the chronic and newly emerging vulnerabilities of Afghan women and girls and aims at providing them assistance in a manner that does not exacerbate their susceptibility to violence and deprivation of opportunities and rights.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following to ensure the success of the project:
• Support in implementation of operational and financial management strategies
• Ensure effective administrative support
• Support to ensures knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1) Support in implementation of operational and financial management strategies, focusing on the following results:
• Support AFA to ensure proper planning, internal control system and safeguard measures for efficient and effective use of financial and other resources of the ABADEI programme
• Ensure full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system.
• Support AFA on preparation of budgets, periodic expenditure reporting, donor reporting and other financial reports.
• Properly manage bank and cash operation of the PMU.
• Maintain complete sets of books of accounts and financial records on a daily basis following standard accounting principles.
• Support AFA in analysis and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for AABADEI program, monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions.
• Ensure financial transactions are authorized, recorded, filed with adequate supporting documentation.
• Preparation and monitoring of budgets; regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation.
• Provide coordination support in the audit and spot check process in accordance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and procedures including pre-audit preparations and ensure continuous follow ups on the implementation of audit findings.
2) Ensure effective administrative support, focusing on the following results
• Support AFA in all administrative work for smooth implementation of ABADEI programme.
• Assist AFA in preparing annual and quarterly work plan and periodic reporting for specific region
• Assist in coordinating the travel of ABADEI staff, consultants and partners which relates to the implementation of ABADEI work plan.
• Ensure availability, efficient deployment and regular maintenance of programme equipment, including vehicle (s), computers, and other equipment for operational purposes.
• Prepare various contractual documents related to procurement of goods and services ensuring adequate protection of the interest of the programme and follow-up on the status of the contract
• Maintain up-to-date personnel files, employment contracts systematically and periodically report to the Regional Area Manager on the necessary follow-up actions.
• Ensure that vehicle logbooks are systematically maintained by the Driver, vehicles are in proper condition and office supplies are well stocked and properly accounted for.
• Provide support in administering recruitment and procurement of goods and services in accordance with UNDP rules and procedures.
• Perform other administrative duties related to the ABADEI programme as assigned by the Regional Area Manager.
3) Ensures knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on the following results
• Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing and provide guidance to all stakeholders on financial and administrative matters
• Support the organization/conduct of training on financial management and administrative procedures.
• Document lessons learned and best practices in Finance and administration
Perform other duties within your functional profile as assigned and deemed necessary for the efficient functioning of the office.
4. Institutional Arrangement
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Programme Manager and the direct supervision of the Regional Area Manager, the Administrative and Finance Associate will be responsible for providing administrative, coordination and financial management support.
Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Min. Education requirements
High School Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business, or Public Administration, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy
Min. years of relevant work experience
Minimum of six (06) years with High School Diploma or three (03) years of relevant experience in financial management and oversight with Bachelor Degree, work in various aspects of administration including general admin, procurement and human resources
· Knowledge and experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
· Working knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages,
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section
· Ability to work independently, taking initiative, proactive, reliable and impartial
· Experience in the handling of web-based management systems
· Experience from previous UN assignments and/or multilateral and bi-lateral aid organizations would be an asset
· Proficiency in English is required – both written and oral.
· Fluency in local language of duty station Dari and/or Pashto is required
· Internationally recognized accounting certification will be an advantage
· Procurement Certification would be an asset.