|Date Posted:||Oct 8, 2018|
|Closing Date:||Oct 20, 2018|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
Provinces to travel:
Integrity, including a commitment to respecting institutional rules and procedures;
Good knowledge of IT tools such as SAP.
Good knowledge of UNESCO'S rules, administrative procedures and standard practices.
Ability to liaise with different team members in the field of competence;
Strong ability to manage priorities and flexibility in finding alternative options when necessary;
Interpersonal skills, teamwork, and commitment;
Good command of English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto is a requirement.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This Administrative Assistant position is located in the Administrative Unit of the UNESCO Kabul Office.
The Administrative Assistant will perform the full range of administration support functions to provide timely
and professional benefits and entitlements services to staff members and other UNESCO employees, in
compliance with the UNESCO Rules and Regulations.
Under the overall authority of the Director and UNESCO Representative and the direct supervision of the Senior
Finance and Administrative officer, the incumbent will have the following key responsibilities:
- Review and process requests for entitlements and claims from staff members in accordance with staff
rules and established HR procedures.
- Carry out a range of personnel actions related to appointments, extensions, transfers, separations,
- Collect and synthesize data and information on staff members' salaries, allowances and entitlements
for approval/decision and subsequent action
- Maintain effective and efficient communication with the concerned Sectors/Offices or Services on
matters related to staff salaries, allowances and entitlements, and respond promptly to information
requests and inquiries from staff members and other business partners.
- Review and constantly update the HR database in the HR management system.
- Draft a wide range of correspondence and other notification materials, and ensure high quality
standard for all HR communications.
- Assisting in monitoring the elaboration of SC contracts by following up the insertion and maintenance
of personnel data into the Human resources system (STEPS);
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women
candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as are nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities
equally are encouraged to apply.
Worldwide mobility is required as staff members must be ready to serve in other duty stations in accordance with UNESCO’s geographical
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- Carry out any operation in relation with recruitment process
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
High-school diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field, and administration and finance
qualification will be an asset.
At least 5-years (with diploma qualification) or 3 years (with bachelor’s degree) working experience in
the field of finance and administration or relevant field.
Previous experience with UN Agencies and/or UNESCO would be considered as an asset.