|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Services will be performed in the CPDS Afghanistan Office during regular business hours Sunday through Thursday from date of hire to January 31, 2020.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with current CPDS program assistants/associates to provide project and logistical support to program work plan, including trainings, curriculum development, and Organizational Capacity Building activities, as needed.
- Follow up on implementation of project activities as per agreed upon annual work plan and ensure timely and efficient implementation of the project's activities in accordance with the work plan.
- Support trainings, conferences, stakeholder’s meetings and follow up reports.
- Manage technical and logistical support to building the capacity of the partners and institutions
- Prepare agendas and meeting notes, as needed.
- Contribute to development of program materials; conduct program related research; help identify suitable experts and facilitate all program activities as needed.
- Contribute to the preparation and consolidation of progress reports.
- Contribute to documenting project activity findings, and lessons learned.
- Assist with Ensuring all program materials are ordered, printed, and delivered.
- Conduct activities including preparing budgets and conducting cash management for all the trainings in line with IDLO and all other applicable finance rules.
- Coordinate internal and external donations of materials (including law books, laptops, etc…) to INL partners, working closely with logistics and procurement.
- Create, manage, and maintain various filing systems for the project trainings and components.
- Organize and support the implementation of program based on any changing needs and priorities.
- Assist in managing program procurements in accordance with department’s needs.
- Create a filing a system for each assigned activity, ensuring electronic and hardcopy working files are integrated; correspondence, reports, and payment documents are filed; and essential documents are scanned.
- Assist with managing the logistics and implementation of program, special events and meetings, including site and refreshment selection, participant coordination, travel arrangements, meeting materials, and training certificates.
- Assist with budget forecasting, NAV reports, and other financial documents as needed.
- Submit purchase and payments requests for program expenses.
- Work with other program components, including M&E and OCB, as needed to assist in implementation of program deliverables.
- Work with components of support team, including Finance, HR, and Procurements, to assist in implementation of program deliverables.
- Support all program related activities as needed, including trainings, media and security, as well as workshops held for governmental officials, with reporting, data collection and any other related tasks.
- Perform any other duties as requested by supervisor and/or any other member of the IDLO management team.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Dari is required. Knowledge of Pashto would be an advantage.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than December 10, 2019 to the email given. Please clearly indicate the position and the vacancy number (Administrative Consultant - IDLO/CPDS/24/2019) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
Females are highly encouraged to apply!