|Date Posted:||Oct 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Nov 9, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO):
The Afghan Land Consulting Organization (ALCO) is aØ¯ Afghan leading organization established under the 2005 NGO Law with the purpose of helping Afghan citizens â€“ notably the poor and the womenâ€“ to acquire and protect their land rights. ALCOâ€™s intended vision is â€œsecure and equitable access to land for all Afghan citizensâ€ ALCO has been recently awarded a contract for providing Real Estate Services across the country and conducting land title search with parcel identification. Thus, ALCO is looking for a competitor and motivated candidate to work as Project Manage to be based in Kabul. For more information about ALCO please visit www.afghan-land.org
In accordance with the ALCO Policies and Procedures, the administrative/procurement officer will be delegated by the ALCO executive director the authority of procurement and administrative services which includes but not limited to the efficient management of day-to-day administrative and procurement activities of ALCO. He/She supervises, assigns, reviews the purchasing services and exercises considerable independent judgment in making admin/procurement related decisions.
Key functions include:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative support and ensuring functional administration within ALCO.
2. Support with protocol matters, registration of staff, coordination with local authorities, on space and other administrative matters.
3. Work with other units to coordinate and plan administrative, and procurement activities as well as supporting in marketing, communications, and general activities.
4. Producing administrative reports for management, as and when required.
5. Develop and set up office filing systems and records management.
6. Managing office supplies, utilities and stationary and tracking the records on a regular basis.
7. Monitor and suggest resolutions for the internal requirements of the organization such as adequacy of departmental space, and technology requirements.
8. Provide the necessary office equipment (mobile phone, SIM, desktop or laptop computer, etc.) to staff members and oversees facilities, technology, and materials utilized in the department, coordinating with appropriate services.
9. Implement and monitor support services, including procurement of supplies and services; transport, travel of staff, communications, information technology (IT) support; and provision of local utilities and service requirements.
10. Coordination of assets management in the ALCO, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, coordination of physical verification of inventory items.
11. Coordinate and arrange office facilities for seminars, workshops and trainings.
12. Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as requested.
1. Full compliance of procurement activities with ALCO rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
2. Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises and reviews work of staff responsible for purchasing including technical and specialized procurement of supplies, equipment and services. Requires extensive knowledge of policies, procedures and practices.
3. Developing systems to train and transfer procurement related assistance and skills to concerned staff.
4. Ensuring the maintenance of a proper filing system for all relevant project procurement documents, and preparing reports and documents.
5. Contribute to inception, monthly progress and quarterly procurement reports
6. Reviews or prepares purchase orders and requisitions.
7. Assumes responsibility and oversight of large and complex purchases involving use of Requests for Proposals. Make sure the purchases are in accuracy with the requirements.
8. Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
9. Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
10. Maintains contract files. Reviews contracts to evaluate overall revisions, price and past performance of each contract prior to bid or renewal.
11. Carrying out any other procurement related tasks.
1. Minimum requirements include a bachelor's degree; preferably in business administration related fields.
2. 3+ years relevant professional working experience at the national or international level in the field of administration and procurement.
3. The applicant shall possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
4. Excellent written and oral communications skills are required in English as well as local language/s.
5. Good computer skills in MS. Office programs.