|Date Posted:||Aug 14, 2010|
|Reference:||V # 040 Program August 14,2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 19, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Counterpart International STEP:
Founded in 1965, Counterpart is a diverse, non-profit, international development organization dedicated to helping people in need in the areas of civil society, private enterprise, environmental resource management, humanitarian relief, and healthcare. We do this by building the capacity of local partner nongovernmental organizations, lenders, businesses, governments and other institutions to solve their own, self-defined economic, ecological, political, and social problems in ways that are sustainable, practical, and independent.
The Administrative Program Assistant will be responsible to translate YCEP project documents/materials and publication development process. As part of the program team, the post-holder should be willing and able to perform a wide range of tasks independently, including program support activities. The post-holder will coordinate, liaise and report to the heads of program departments on each of their projects and related material. The translator will also be responsible to assist Media and Public Outreach Departments with research and development of materials.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure high quality translations of all YCEP Project, correspondence, texts, training materials and publications into Dari in a timely manner;
2. Ensure adequate and timely editing of material translated by other staff members or outsourced venders
3. Compile Dari words and terminologies along with its English meanings that can be used as reference in translations
4. Monitoring the translation and publishing resources and keeping records up to date.
5. Proofreads and edits the Dari-English-Dari translated materials.
6. Liaise with various vendors and government agencies for purposes of publications.
7. Liaising with partner organizations, stakeholders and research entities in Afghanistan for research.
â€¢ High school / Bachelor BA or related field.
â€¢ 1 year working experience with International NGOs in fields of Translation.
â€¢ Proficient in Microsoft Office Software â€˜Word, Excel, and Accessâ€™
â€¢ Fluency in two main local languages, Pashto and Dari (writing, speaking and comprehension).
â€¢ Proficiency in English.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
â€¢ Details oriented and highly organized;
â€¢ Skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing;
â€¢ Collaborative, team oriented individual;
â€¢ Ability to prioritize, and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
â€¢ Ability to work under pressure;